07

"Rescue me, baby."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon's eyes fluttered open and sat up tiredly. After rubbing his eyes a few times he eyed the bedroom he was in. Something felt off but nothing was visibly wrong. At least he couldn't tell. 

Hyungwon shook off the odd feeling and stumbled out of bed, his vision blurring up a bit. What the hell? Hyungwon blinked a few times. He felt slightly lightheaded, but ignored it and just headed for the door.

Hyungwon exited the room but froze in his tracks as the hallway he entered was up in flames. The man stood there, frozen, for a solid five seconds before the panic reached him. He attempted to back up into the room he had come from only to be met by a wall with no door on it.

What the hell? The same thought from earlier repeated in his head.

With his back pressed against the now doorless wall, Hyungwon stared at the bright flames engulfing the floor, walls, and even the ceiling. The only way out was the hallway, but there was no way in hell he would run through the fire.

Suddenly the dark-haired man heard someone call his name. "Here!" he called out, coughing afterward. The same voice called for him again, but he couldn't make out who it was. Maybe Shownu or Jooheon? 

Hyungwon cleared his throat. Maybe he could just run through the fire? It wouldn't be too bad and the worst that could happen was death. Okay, when it's put like that the thought wasn't that comforting.

Deciding to take the risk Hyungwon ran across the fire, not feeling any pain and as he reached the opening near the end of the hallway, he peeked behind him. The fire had disappeared, but the hallway was absolutely burnt to a crisp, with burnt bodies lining the floor. Hyungwon looked away, wincing quietly.

As if snapping awake, he was suddenly on the floor of a dim room. His panic instantly peaked as he realized where he was. "You're awake." Shivers ran down Hyungwon's back as he looked up after hearing the haunting voice. His eyes landed on the fit build of Kim Jeongwoo who was towering over Hyungwon's frail body. 

"No... I.. You.. You were d-dead." Hyungwon struggled with his words. He couldn't breathe. "He... Changkyun... He... No this c-can't be.." the male spluttered out his voice shaking. Distraughtly looking around, Hyungwon started to cry. Had everything been a dream? Was this reality? Was he really back in the same hell hole?

"Ouch. The hit over the head must have caused some damage," Jeongwoo tutted and leaned down to the other's level. Hyungwon flinched back as the man reached over to grab his hair. He needed to get out.

He needed to see Hajoon.

Hyungwon kicked the built man away and backed up a bit until he was against the wall so that he could push himself up. "I recommend you cooperate with me, otherwise I'll have everyone you fucking love killed." Jeongwoo spat, recovering from the kick and walking towards the crying man. "N-No.. You.. Y-You aren't fucking real!" Hyungwon cried out, terrified.

This was just his head fucking with him, right? Right?!

Hyungwon tightly shut his eyes when the other man reached in to grab him by the throat but the feeling never came. Everything had gone silent and all Hyungwon could hear was his own erratic breathing pattern.

When he opened his eyes again he was back in the burning hallway leaning against the wall. "What the fuck!?" Hyungwon cried out desperately. He heard the same voice from earlier call him again and this time it was much more clear and closer.