Chapter 13

Roman POV
I got a call from Sergio Thursday about a shipment that was supposed to go to our main warehouse back in Rome. He told me that there was an issue with the shipment meaning that someone was trying to intercept it.

I had to go and take care of those men and turns out, they were from the American mafia. Probably just some dumb stunt that Mason pulled to get back at me for stopping him from forcing himself onto Sage.

I don't understand why I'm always the first call for these things though. I mean I'm the most capable but, my deal with my father was that I could go to college and focus on school before taking over but I'm nearly running things now.

That son of a bitch gets more and more useless by the day.

After handling those men Thursday, my father told me that he needed to see me Friday morning. I went to his office and it was the same bullshit he always pulls. Trying to force me to go back on our deal and take over sooner.

He does this every time he sees me and, I don't understand why he still expects a different answer. That's why I only go home for business. I don't want to do the pleasantries as if we have a perfect father-son bond.

I can't stand the man. If it wasn't for his big ego, my mother would still be alive. I try to be around him as little as possible because he was never truly a good father to me especially after she died. I don't even go home for holidays, I spend them with Sergio, Ava, and Grace or alone.

After I denied his offer of taking over sooner, my father and I ended up getting into another one of our fights, so I left and flew back to New York. I met up with Elliot and he would not stop saying that Sage and I needed to talk and that it's "driving me crazy" being in a fight with her which, simply was not true.

When Sage and I finally got to a point where we were cordial, we had that big fight after the day after her date.

She acts as if she doesn't understand why I was upset but, I don't get how she could just go on a date with another guy the day after kissing me. Especially with Mason.

I was jealous.

So, I wanted her to feel the same jealousy I felt.

Kristen is the first person I though to call because she'd literally fall at my feet if I asked.

To say that Elliot was against the idea would be an understatement but, he had his first date with Izzy that night and there was nothing he could do about it.

I still don't know if it was a smart move to lead Kristen on to get back at Sage.

I wanted so badly to just tell Sage about whatever this is that I feel when I'm just in her presence but, something inside me just won't let me. I have this wall up that I refuse to let anyone break but, I feel like she'd be an exception and that scares the shit out of me.

This whole situation is so much more stressful now that I have to deal with Kristen. She's been throwing herself at me for years. It's quite pitiful.

After that night at the Cantina, she has been blowing my phone up nonstop. I still don't know if she purposely spilled that drink on Sage though. As annoying as she is, she's always been a very nice person. Sometimes overly nice but, I don't think she'd do anything to Sage personally.

Elliot's headed here now though. After Friday night, him and Izzy spent all of Saturday together in their own little bubble.

It's now Sunday and I'm assuming he doesn't know that I actually went through with the whole Kristen thing yet.

I know I'll have to tell him but I'm just not in the mood to hear the whole speech about how much of an idiot I am.

Suddenly my room door burst open.