Chapter 2

Sage POV

After what felt like ages, I was finally able to hail a taxi

I put my things inside and got in.

There was a man who looked to be in his 40s or so in the driver's seat. He had a dark scruffy beard and was looking back at me with a creepy smile before pulling off.

"Where to pretty lady?" the man said glancing back at me.

Jumping out of this moving car does not seem like that bad of an option right about now.

"Uh...Carmen Hall please." I said while trying to ignore how uncomfortable I feel right now.

I gazed out of the window at this beautiful busy city for most of the ride. Before I knew it, the car came to an abrupt stop. I quickly got out, grabbing all of my things.

I stood in front of the building looking up at it as nervous butterflies danced in my stomach.

"Don't let anyone see that you're weak. Don't let anything trigger you. Don't let anyone in." I whispered to myself before taking a deep breath and walking up to the entrance.

Since it was moving day there were tons of people coming in and out. I stepped into the building and placed my bags down to search for the paper with my room number on it.

304. Cool.

Except for when I realized I had to go up three flights of steps with all my bags. I really regret telling my mom to stay home.

She was supposed to come to help me move in the first day but, she was called in late to the hospital she works at last night. As soon as she got home, she proceeded to help me pack the rest of the night.

Even though I needed the extra help, I knew she needed rest. She overworks herself way too much. She did put up one hell of a fight though.

Halfway up the first flight I heard a soft deep voice.

"You need some help?"

There stood a blonde guy who seemed to be around my age. He looked about 5'9 or so. Not super tall for a guy but taller than my 5'5 height. He had wavy blonde hair that touched his shoulders and, dark brown eyes.

He reminded me of a golden retriever. I just can't say no.

"Yes please" I said with a slightly embarrassed expression.

He came up to me and grabbed my suitcases while I carried the rest of my bags.

"Where to?" he said as I trailed behind him.

"Room 304" I said

"Oh, you're living large huh?" he said with a light chuckle.

"What do you mean?" I asked, oblivious to what he was referring to.

How large can a dorm be?

"You're in the fanciest part of the building. Those rooms are nearly triple the size of the rest." He said as he got to the last step, opening the door to the third floor.

Of course. Mom just had to be dramatic and get me into the fancy rooms.

I had to talk her out of getting me my own apartment. I told her that not having a roommate would, "take away from the college experience."

I'm also terrified of living alone after everything. But she doesn't need to know that part.

"Oh, I didn't even know. My mom handled the housing stuff for me." I said while following him down the hall.