Chapter 8

TW: Sexual Assault
Sage POV
I am so infuriated. Who does this guy think he is? He acts like a complete asshole towards me then forces me to go out with him by blackmailing me. Just to prevent me from having a good time at this gala.

I still don't understand what I ever did to him to make him dislike me but misery loves company.

I refuse to let him ruin my time tonight. Grace and Izzy took me out yesterday and we got the most beautiful dresses for the event.

Grace explained that people go all out on their attire for these events and even though I tried to protest, she made me get one of the nicest gowns I have ever seen. Even after telling her I couldn't afford to spend that kind of money on a dress she insisted on paying for it.

I literally put the dress back and she paid for it without me knowing because she said I looked "too sexy" in it.

My dress was a long champagne color with silver specs that made it glisten. It had one strap that drooped off my arm as well as a slit that went nearly all the way up my left leg. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement.

Grace got a shimmery red dress that had long off the shoulder sleeves and a long slit as well. It hugged her figure very nicely. Izzy's dress was a dark emerald green. It was off the shoulder and was formfitting until it draped out at her knees. She looked absolutely stunning when she tried it on.

After all our classes ended today we headed over to Izzy's apartment and just chilled until it was time to get ready.

"So is Mason picking you up from here?" Grace questioned curiously as she curled the ends of her hair.

I hadn't told them yet about Roman's stupid threat. I haven't even canceled on Mason yet. I have no idea how I plan on doing that now when they're both suppose to pick me up in three hours.

"Well you see the thing is... I'm going with Roman." I answered honestly. Grace nearly dropped the curling wand.

"What?!" they both yelled in unison.

I explained my little surprise call that I got from Roman last night. They were beyond shocked.

"That stupid motherfucker I'll cut his balls off!" Izzy yelled from the bathroom. Me and Grace burst into laughter.

"It's whatever. I just don't understand why me?" I said annoyedly.

"No, it's not whatever" Grace responded, the pitch of her voice rose the angrier that she got. "he can't just blackmail you and get away with it." She said. "My dad has been trying to force Rome to go to that gala every year since he moved here but he would never agree so why now? And why is he forcing you to be his date?" she questioned.

I thought Roman was from here since they all went to the same schools. Now I'm just cofused.

"He isn't from here?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"No, he moved here from Italy during freshman year of high school." Izzy replied.

"My dad is from Italy too. He moved here when he met my mom on a trip here. My uncle, Roman's dad was never able to leave Italy but he sent Roman here to live with us after his mom died." She said, followed by look of realization that took over her and Izzy's faces.

They both looked like they saw a ghost.

"Um you did not hear that from me..." Grace said nervously.

"What happened to his mom?" I asked her.

"I've already said too much." Grace answered. "shit, I'm such a blabbermouth." She whispered under her breath.