Chapter 11

Shaurya's POV

As soon as mom sees me, the smile on her face disappears. She knows something is up, that something is wrong. I hear her say something, but I can't comprehend it. My mind is somewhere else.

That kiss. It brought back terrible memories. Painful memories...

Keerthana's POV

"Prabhavathi?" I ask.

She nods.

"Shaurya mothata preminchina ammayi."

"The first girl Shaurya loved."

"Enti? School lo unna love story a enti?" I ask.

"What? Is it a school time love story or what?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"Kadu."

"No."

"Oh."

"Shauryaki prema meeda pedda opinion ledu. Pelli meeda assalu ledu. Appude college aypoyi kaaliga thiruguthunnadu."

"Shaurya didn't have much of an opinion on love. And nothing on marriage. He had finished college and was doing nothing."

Flashback:

Shaurya's POV

Walking out of my apartment, I walk across the street to get toothpaste. As I'm crossing the street, someone is about to crash into me with their scooty. They stop less than a centimeter away from me.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Sorry, sorry." the woman apologizes.

"Hmm, hmm." I gesture for her to continue down the road as I continue walking.

After buying the toothpaste, I'm walking back into the apartment building when I hear a voice.

"Excuse me."

I turn, and see a person in the dark. I point to myself, wondering if she was talking to me or someone else.

"Mimmalne."

"You only."

"Entandi?" I ask politely.

"What?" I ask politely.

"Nenu kothaga vachanu, ippude kooragayalu thechanu, paiki kindiki vellalante ibandiga untundi..." she trails off, but I get it. She needs my help.

"I am new here, and I just got groceries. It will be hard walking up and down..." she trails off, but I get it. She needs my help.

"Sare." I tell her.

"Okay." I tell her.

"Thank you!" she says.

She steps out of the shadows, and I freeze. She is absolutely breath taking. She is wearing a normal wear, but she looks like a goddess.

 She is wearing a normal wear, but she looks like a goddess

"Hello?" she says, snapping her fingers at me. I am shaken out of my trance.

"Sorry." I say. I quickly rush to help her with her groceries. I take two bags, and she takes the last one.

"Mee perentandi?" I ask once we enter the elevator.

"What is your name?" I ask once we enter the elevator.

"Prabhavathi." she answers with a smile, adjusting her handbag on her shoulder.

"Oh...nice name." I say, nodding.

"Meeru?" she asks.

"You?" she asks.

"Shaurya."

"Oh, okay."

We reach the third floor, which is one floor below mine. I walk her to her door. She rings the bell, and a pregnant woman opens the door.

"Ey Prabha!" the woman exclaims, hugging Prabhavathi.

"Hey Prabha!" the woman exclaims, hugging Prabhavathi.

"Kothaga vacharannaru?" I ask.

"You said you are new?" I ask.

"Thinu naa vadina." Prabhavathi replies. "Nenu thintho undataniki vachanu."

"She is my sister-in-law." Prabhavathi replies. "I came to stay with her."

"Meeru..." the woman asks, pointing to me.

"You are..." the woman asks, pointing to me.

"Nenu Shaurya andi. Paina floorlo untanu." I say.

"I'm Shaurya. I live in the floor above." I say.

"Oh."

"Naaku sarukulatho help kaavalante theesukochadu vadina." Prabhavathi says.

"He helped me bring the groceries up sister-in-law." Prabhavathi says.

"Avuna, lopaliki ra babu."

"Oh, is it, come in."

"Uh, ledandi, nenu vellali, malli eppudaina vasthanu." I say.

"Uh, no, I have to go. I'll come some other time." I say.

"Sare."

"Okay."

"Bye." Prabhavathi says.

"Bye."

****

It's been four days since I first say Prabhavathi, and I haven't met or talked to her since.

"Rey, Shaurya, bhojanam chedduvu, ra ra!" Mom yells from outside.

"Hey, Shaurya, come eat your dinner son!" Mom yells from outside.

I walk out of my room. Priya is talking to someone. I can't see the woman's face, since she's turned away from me.

"Evare? Fr-" I start, but trail off as the woman turns around.

"Who is it? Fr-" I start, but trail off as the woman turns around.

I freeze. Prabhavathi.

"Ey! Nuvva!" she exclaims.

"Hey! It's you!" she exclaims.

I just stare at her, mesmerized by her.

"Mee iddariki munde parachayama?" Priya asks.

"You two know each other?" Priya asks.

Prabhavathi turns around.

"Yah, nenu first day vachinappudu ithane help chesadu."

"Yah, he helped me when I first came here."

Prabhavathi turns back to me. Behind her, Priya makes a 'wow' face.

"Veedu na annayya, Shaurya." Priya says.

"He's my older brother, Shaurya." Priya says.

"Oh, yah. Shaurya." Prabhavathi says.

I just stare at her.

Heyyy. Okay, so I had no clue what to write, so I just wrote this. So sorry if it's terrible, but with school almost ending, I have so many tests and projects coming up, I barely have any time to update. I'm also working on another book that I plan on publishing on Wattpad once I'm all finished with it so that I can update a chapter each day. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Let me know your thoughts in the comments! Love you all!

Also, thank you for the 10K reads on my first completed book on this account, Love After Marriage. I am so happy and grateful for you guys! I am so close to 100 followers, so please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase share my account and books with anyone you think might be interested in reading them. Thank you! Love you all!