Plan Your Escape

Plan Your Escape

Meredith and Addison want out of their current arrangements. Set after 'Rescue.'

Preston Burke is making a big deal about wedding cakes, so there's a dozen of them in the conference room for Cristina to try, so Meredith and Addison are helping her.

Or, they're indulging in some of the cakes at least, under the premise of helping her.

"Okay, so it's been four days since I told Derek he was being too overprotective. And now I haven't seen him at all! Does it all have to be so literal," Meredith huffs.

"I have a bet thing going on with Mark... Except I'm the wager..." Addison sighs.

"I called him last night, and he didn't show. What the hell was he doing?" Meredith says frustratedly.

"In a few more days, Mark will have gone sixty days without sex. Which means I will have gone sixty days without sex. Sixty days!" Addison exclaims.

"So he pulled me out of the bathtub. So I stopped swimming. It doesn't mean that I don't want to keep living, or that I'll just try to drown myself again. It doesn't mean I need him over my shoulder, or absent, or I don't know-" Meredith grumbles.

"And Alex keeps looking at me like I'm gonna kiss him again at any moment. It was just one kiss! And he turned me down, so I shouldn't be interested," says Addison.

That's when Meredith snaps out of it, and starts staring at Addison.

"You kissed Alex!? As in Alex Karev, Alex!?" says Meredith.

"One time," says Addison.

"Seriously!? Of all people, why Alex?" says Meredith.

"He's a decent guy I guess. And I was lonely. And he was there. Story of my life, I guess," says Addison.

"And he turned you down?" says Meredith.

"He did," says Addison.

"What an idiot," says Meredith.

"Is... Is that a compliment, Grey?" Addison chuckles.

"Well, no, it was an insult for Alex, but I guess if you look at it that way," Meredith grins.

"I'm sorry Derek's being difficult," says Addison.

"Thank you," says Meredith.

"Mm, this one is good. It's triple-berry. It sounds healthy, but it's deceptively sweet," says Addison.

"Mm, yeah it is good," says Meredith. "But you gotta try the chocolate one."

"Oh, that's even better," Addison groans.

"Here, you have some on your chin," Meredith giggles, and wipes it away with her finger, and then licks it. "Yeah, that's definitely better."

Addison's pupils dilate at the gesture, and Meredith bites her lip.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Meredith smirks.

"Like what?" says Addison, looking down at her cake.

"Like I'm a chicken dinner with green beans, and you're at a nice restaurant, and it's been a long day, and you skipped lunch, and-" Meredith rambles.

"Whoa, that's a long analogy," says Addison.

"Why are you looking at me like that!?" says Meredith.

"I'm not or, I don't know, I'm not trying to," says Addison. "It's just... It's been a long time... Since sex. And I miss sex... I'm just frustrated," says Addison.

"Mm," says Meredith, as she deliberately sucks more icing off of her fingers, slowly and deliberately so she can see Addison's eyes open.

"Why are you looking at ME like that!?" says Addison.

"Like what?" Meredith teases.

"Like it's summer, and it's hot outside, and you don't want food because it's too heavy but then someone offers you a popsicle, and then you-" Addison cuts herself off after that.

"And then you...?" Meredith raises her eyebrows at Addison.

"And then you- why are you looking at me like that?" says Addison.

"Because I'm mad at Derek, and I still haven't quite forgiven him yet for surprising me with his super-hot wife, who happens to be sitting next to me eating chocolate cake, and getting it all over her..." Meredith leans in, and wipes some more icing off Addison's chin, "... her chin," says Meredith, licking away the icing from her fingers again, without moving away, and making Addison's breath catch.

"You think I'm hot?" Addison preens, and runs her hand through her hair nervously.

"Yeah," says Meredith. "Do you think I'm hot?" says Meredith.

"Yeah," says Addison. "Just don't tell Mark that. Or Alex. Or Derek... Or anyone really...." says Addison.

Meredith and Addison start leaning into each other, and it's heated and intense, and dangerous, and neither of them want to pull away, and neither of them does until Addison clears her throat, and Meredith jumps away, and then she looks down at the cakes again, and suggests they try the next one.

"Yes umm, good idea," Addison fumbles, as she tries to get her composure back.

"Yeah. We want to help Cristina," says Meredith.

"Yes, Cristina," says Addison.

"Okay tell me what you think about this one?" says Meredith, as she selects the red velvet cake.

"Okay," says Addison, as she takes a bite of it. "Oh yeah, that's the best one yet," says Addison. "Try it."

"Okay," says Meredith. "Mm, yeah, that's amazing," Meredith moans, and something stirs in her when Addison lets out her own moan.

"More of that one," says Addison, as she digs in with her fork.

"More," says Meredith, as she takes another bite for herself. She's too ambitious though, because she digs her fork into the cake, and takes a whole bunch at once, and it falls out as she puts it into her mouth, and icing gets all over her neck, and Addison swoops in with her hand and catches it.

"Oops!" says Meredith. And she giggles.

"I gotcha," says Addison, as she takes the icing and wipes it off of Addison's chin.

"Hey, that's mine," Meredith mumbles, as she pulls Addison's hand to her mouth, and takes it in. "Mmm yeah, that's so good," Meredith moans.

Addison gasps as Meredith swirls her tongue around her fingers, sucking on it, twirling her tongue around them as she gets every last drop of the icing off of it.

Now Addison's eyes darken until they're almost black, and she peers into Meredith's, and she sees the same hooded expression. She gulps.

"Umm, I've got to um-" Addison stands up abruptly.

"Right..." says Meredith, as she puts her fork down.

"Yeah, I've got to umm. The patient..." Addison fumbles.

"Yeah, right," Meredith sighs. "Wait Addison-" says Meredith, before Addison leaves.

"Yeah?" says Addison, turning around before she heads out the door.

"We should plan your escape, and you can help plan mine with me," Meredith offers, her eyes bright and eager, and compassionate.

"We should some time," Addison smiles softly, as she heads back to the OB-GYN wing, her heart feeling just a little bit lighter.

Meredith finishes her piece of cake before she heads off too, humming to herself as she thinks about the redheaded woman some more.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN