c u r s e

»»————- ♡ ————-««

                »»————- ♡ ————-««

Fayette eyes fluttered open as she was awoken from her slumber, flickering around the dark trying to remember where she was.

She was in Mara's bedroom, tucked under the comforter so snugly. She hadn't remembered coming up here so she assumed that Draven must have placed her there. The nymph then heard muffled yelling from downstairs which was what had woken her up in the first place.

Sluggishly, she pulled herself out of the bed bed and exited the room to head downstairs, the voices of her demon friends becoming more clear.

"Draven isn't like that anymore," She heard as she neared the living room, her brows furrowing. "You're so fucking hung up on the past you-"

"What's going on?" Fayette asked, taking in the sight of everyone as she entered. They were all stood up except for Draven who had a deadly glare on his face. Xerxes had been yelling, Mercury and Morticia somewhat more composed than everyone else in the room.

Though, Fayette had noticed a hint of annoyance of Morticia's face. The woman had not been very expressive to begin with so seeing her emote more evidently was a bit of a surprise to the nymph.

"Sorry, did we wake you up?" Draven said, getting up from his seat and approaching her, his hand going out to stroke her head softly. Momentarily her eyes fluttered shut at the soothing sensation but she quickly opened them again. Draven still appeared distracted and tense.

The nymph took hold of his hand and stood on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek.

"Why are you guys fighting?" She inquired in a small voice, aware that all eyes and attention were on her. Draven sighed, "Just a misunderstanding." She frowned slightly, looking back to everyone else in the room. "I'm not a child," Fayette spoke up in hopes that her voice was a little more stern this time (it definitely wasn't). "I know something is wrong."

"We're still stressing over what's going on I suppose." Draven stated.

"Oh, well did you find anything?"

The room was silent again.

Awkwardly, the nymph glanced around the room as she felt the tension rise once again. She hated the feeling of being left out and pried for an answer. "We did find something...we're just not sure of it's integrity yet. Mara will be calling some angels back to check tomorrow." Draven informed hesitantly. "What is it?" Fayette asked.

"We found a curse." Draven replied.

"A curse?"

"Yes."

Fayette frowned at the unexpected news, "A curse on who?"

Draven hesitated for a few suspense filled moments, "A curse on my bloodline."