Chapter 29: Random Ransom

Start from the beginning

The ash blond got up from the ground, keeping his glare on the guard, taking one last glance at everyone before he turned around. The guard began walking with now only one body over his shoulder which was Kazuo's as Rehan followed alongside him.

——

It wasn't a basement, no.

Well, Rehan wasn't exactly expecting to be thrown in a basement after they got kidnapped by a prince, who looked like he had all the money in the world, but that's the place he thought of immediately after realizing they were captured. The place wasn't half bad. It looked like a cell, but fancier.

One of the empty handed guards pulled out a key and unlocked the entrance. And motioned for the others to come inside. Rehan was the first to go inside even though it looked like he wanted to defy them in every way posssible. The guards followed and placed the others body on the floor, not bothering to sit them upright as they slumped over the ground. Rehan clenched his fists as his heart beat increased, feeling that familiar rush of anger again. He watched with burning eyes as the guards left and one last person came in with Zen's body.

'What is that?' He thought. Rehan's squinted eyes widened slightly as they glossed over the creature. Blue and strong. His eyes were wide and at an angle upwards, the end of his eye almost touching the arch of his eyebrows from how slanted they were. The inside of his eyes was a faint gold color. It was a toned down golden color and a light layer of green mixed in, giving a unique union with his blue complexion. He didn't look human, but at the same time there was a few characteristics that made him look like one.

Rehan felt a bead of sweat trickle down the side of his head. He didn't realize how discomposed was was feeling with this person's presence in the same room. Rehan studied how he eyed Zen like a prey before putting him down, dilemma clear and visible all over him. That didn't alleviate his edginess, but only made it spike up. His chest was finally able to release a seized breath through his mouth when the weird looking guy left the cell and locked it behind him.

Rehan breathed in and out, twice, until he felt like he wouldn't pass out from fear and anger. He ran a hand through his hair and realized his hair band had fell way too loose. He tied all of his hair in a small ponytail and gathered as much bangs in the tie to get all the hair away from his face. A few wispy, lavender, fringes fell down his forehead though. Rehan wiped his face with the inside of his shirt. It was hot in here.

He then walked over to Kazuo to examine his wound. He lifted the boy's shirt and looked at the red patch. It was still fresh and it'd be best if it was cleaned and taken care of before it becomes infected. But, how was he supposed to that? He was empty handed. He gulped.

"Kazuo? Can you hear me?" Rehan said, hoping for an answer, "Can you open your eyes?" He urged whilst tapping the raven head's shoulder.

Surprisingly, Kazuo nods weakly, his eyes flickering open.

"Are you okay?" Rehan leaned in to take look at his face.

Kazuo nodded again.

"Can you speak?"

He shook his head no.

Rehan snapped his fingers so close to Kazuo's line of vison unexpectedly causing the raven head to flinch.

Good, he was alert.