❖ 07 | circles

kth - 24 - present

kth - 24 - present

Taehyung waited inside the car, tapping his foot repeatedly on the floor.

He was outside Jungkook's office, waiting to pick him up in order to pay Yoongi a visit together. Taehyung could feel the aftereffects of getting high now that the initial high was over. He felt a little dazed and his thoughts were slower than usual but he wasn't drowsy enough that he didn't trust himself with meeting Jungkook.

Finally he heard the door next to him open and Jungkook stepped in. He was wearing more casual clothes then last time, a black blazer with a white turtleneck underneath. Jungkook greeted Taehyung, multiple earrings clinking as he shook his head.

Taehyung still was having a hard time trying to digest the silver piercing in Jungkook's tongue, he had never seen the younger in such a light but this new Jungkook was making him question everything about their past relationship.

"You're late," Taehyung stated, slightly tired of waiting outside.

"Pardon me, I was in an important meeting," Jungkook replied, his eyes wandering around the interior of the vehicle. "Nice car."

"Thank you."

It was silent, both of them again having nothing more to say before Jungkook spoke up,

"Why are we going in a circle?"

"If you paid attention during our lessons, maybe you would know that it's to check if we are being followed," Taehyung didn't know why he was being particularly snarky—a defense mechanism perhaps.

"My memory may not be terrific, but I don't remember you having such a sharp tongue either."

They were both standing outside Yoongi's apartment, waiting for the hacker to open the door. Taehyung tried to stand without fidgeting but he kept shifting his weight from foot to foot.

The tension between them both was gravid, Taehyung was sure he could slice the air with his pearl dagger because of how thick it was.

"Come in," It was Yoongi. His gravelly voice had called out to them, signalling they could enter.

Jungkook opened the door to reveal Yoongi sitting on a tattered couch. There were boxes of ramen and other takeaway food that littered the floor. Taehyung was sure he could smell champagne and some other alcohol lingering in the air but that was to be expected.

"Thought you would move out of this dumpster once you got married, but I guess not," Taehyung said, grimacing when he noticed a sauce stain right where he was about to sit.

Yoongi just ignored Taehyung, opening up his laptop, "Just tell me what you need, Boss."

"I need someone's location—" Taehyung saw someone walk into the room, a bag of dried seaweed in her hand. He looked from her to Yoongi.

"I needed an assistant now that I've been spending more time with Jimin," Yoongi mumbled, "Her name's Jiyoung."

"We were just talking about how we need to find somebody's location. He's the leader of Dongbaek, Choi Han-gyeol," Jungkook informed, looking at Jiyoung.

"And how exactly do you want me to conjure up the location of a gang leader?" Yoongi said, lips pressed together in a thin line as Jiyoung took a seat on the wooden rocking chair.

"That's your job." Taehyung enunciated.

Before Yoongi was able to answer, Jungkook suggested, "how about we send them an email? Regarding a 'deal'," he made little air quotations with his hands.

"That's actually not a bad idea, I heard they have a bad coke supply," Yoongi gestured towards Taehyung, "he could offer a partnership."

"I have their business email," Jiyoung piped.

After they fabricated an email that suggested a partnership for a shared drug supplier, they thanked both Jiyoung and Yoongi, letting them know that they would be informed once a reply was received.

im hate how this chapter turned out. 

however im looking forward to the next few ;)