Margot seemed to be in a more stable state than before.

My clothes, grasped by the little hand of the child, were wrinkled.

A puzzled and an embarrassing thought intersected in an instant.

Is this called the engraving effect?

It was like seeing a duckling who was born from an egg and was chasing after her thinking that she was his mother.

Is that because I was the first to bring the child out of the basement?

But I wasn't the kind of person Who could depended on to someone in this way.

"I don't mind, but I want to ask you something."

Then, Violetta carefully opened her speech.

"If it's okay, I'd like Miss Hillis to explain the situation to the child instead of us. We haven't been able to calm yet, so..."

Terzo also added with a polite attitude next to her.

"Please, Miss Inoaden. This is the first time that the child has stopped crying like this when He met Miss Inoaden."

Listening to them, I understood Kalykia's situation.

The child who had suffered so far couldn't easily find peace of mind in front of anyone.

It was natural to think about it.

Amazingly, you're clinging on me without a sense of reluctance right now.

Also, I was told that Kalykia's eyes do not work on each other.

So, Margot will have no way of knowing their sincerity.

Rather, it might have made him even more confused.

Of course, they were thoroughly hiding their ability eyes of truth from the outside world, and even now, it seemed to me that there was no desire to reveal them.

Even so, it must have been thought that the child could convey their position through me, who seems to be the only one who seems to have an open mind.

It wasn't difficult.

Also, it seemed unreasonable to refuse during the situation, so I just agreed.

"As you may have already seen, he is a descendant of Kalykia who can makeㆍㆍㆍ gems. And he is the child of my older sister who left the family 11 years ago."

As I watched Violetta calmly and connected the words, I looked down again.

"That must be true."

The pupils facing each other were slightly thinner.

The child's lips, which had opened small momentarily, quickly closed tightly.

Margot seemed to be showing he couldn't figure out what to say.

"Do you remember your mother's name?"

"I don't knowㆍㆍㆍ."

"Your face looks very similar to the Rosenia Kalykia I saw when I was a kid. Now you and Violetta have a pretty similar face."

"I don't remember mom's faceㆍㆍㆍ."

Violetta's eyes shook finely.

I didn't know that the child couldn't even remember his mother's name and face.

From what I've heard before, when Rozenia Kalykia died, her child wasn't that young.

But, I guess, she wondered if he had lost his memory by going through difficult things after that.

The young child's hair was still white.

At that time, Terzo Kalykia, who was next to Violetta, said quietly.

"Violetta, there's a portrait in the pendant you always carry."

I stared silently at his face for a moment.

Terzo generally gave a good and healthy impression, but now somehow, he seemed to be wearing mask over his face.

"Would you like to take a look at this? It's a portrait of my sister."

Violetta unwrapped her necklace, which had been hidden under her clothes, and pushed it to the child.

I accepted it instead of Margot.

The miniatures drawn inside the pendant were quite elaborate.

A woman smiling with her long hair curled up halfway and with a sparkling glow in her dark green eyes.

She looks very similar to the current Violetta, but she had a more vivid and intense impression of the woman in the portrait.

She was Rosenia, who, along with Violetta, was called the Princesses of Kalykia.

She is the eldest daughter of Kalykia, is a little different from Violeta, and nine years older than Violeta .

Rosenia disappeared after being excommunicated in Kalykia 11 years ago.

The reason for her ex-communication was that she refused to marry a politically determined marriage made by the order of her family.

In Kalykia, which had lost its powers , once again tried to take extreme measures.

It was to join Kalykia's direct descendant Rosenia and one of her cousins.

In Kalykia, where the authority of the head was no longer the same after he was unable to exercise his abilities, the presidency of the elders was strong.

So, one of her cousins, who inherited the most blood after her direct lineage, was sought for Rosenia's counterpart, and the minister forced the marriage.

Probably, if there were direct blood relatives other than Rosenia and Violetta, the marriage between siblings might have been promoted.

It was a tragedy that was caused by not forgetting the past of producing a child with a strong sense of power from time to time through incest.

She said that after she heard Rosenia fiercely rebelled against it, she even criticized Kalykia's behavior fiercely.

I didn't know in detail what else had happened between them.

In the end, it was only known to the outside that Rosenia was excommunicated.

Even so, the majority of the opinions were that it wasn't too bad for the family to throw her out.

However, it was only known externally, and in fact, there were some opinions that current Kalykia chief sent her out of her family for her daughter's freedom.

After that, it was never known to the outside what kind of life Rosenia lived, and how her son Margot lived this life after her death.

Violetta didn't give a detailed explanation right now, but...

The former fiancé of the deceased Rosenia was Terzo Kalykia, sitting right before my eyes.

He is currently twenty-seven.

It could be said that he was still young when his engagement with Rosenia was promoted.

And now, he has been implicitly mentioned in Kalykia for a few years as a partner of Violetta.

The Church minister in Kalykia was not pushing as hard as it was because of Rosenia's behavior , but he was still Violetta's strongest candidate for fiancé.

However, now that Margot has a sense of power, the situation in Kalykia would be very different from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M-Tled by amaryllis0
Proofread by SwearingPuppy

Join our discord server! Link is on the announcement!