❝Happiness, Perhaps?❞

Could We Belong? Chapter 5

Could We Belong?
Chapter 5

Florence, Italy 1473

Today was a big day for the Medici family. It's first grandson in the family was born, Henry de Medici. His parents, Mary Stuart and Lorenzo de Medici was nothing but pleased and very much love their son already. Lorenzo had enjoyed being a Father and Mary loved being a Mother. Clarice and Aelia loved the baby as their own and would often try to take care of him and give Mary and Lorenzo some time to rest and catch up on their sleep. Madonna Lucreiza was also very pleased with her first grandchild and Giuliano was happy for his nephew, as he promised to teach the boy a lot do things as he grows older, which slightly worried Mary and Lorenzo what Giuliano could teach their son.

Today was the baptism of their son. It had seemed that Giuliano was running behind a little but that was fine. Mary and Lorenzo sat in the church, holding Henry as he was asleep in Mary's arms. Bianca was radiant and heavily pregnant. Mary and Lorenzo had agreed to make Bianca the Godmother and Francesco the Godfather, as a part to show the Medici and Pazzi united. Mary and Lorenzo had stood up, giving Henry to Bianca and Francesco.

Everyone stood up as soon Mary placed Henry in Bianca's arms and walked back next to Lorenzo, putting her arm around Lorenzo's. Aelia and Giuliano were the only two missing from the ceremony. As soon Bianca and Francesco had reached halfway through the church, Aelia and Giuliano walked in the church. Aelia and Giuliano both looked presentable.

Madonna Lucreiza looked at Giuliano, giving him a warning look on her face, as Giuliano looked over at Aelia and smiled at her, which caused Aelia's cheeks to heat up a little. Soon, little Henry was baptized, both, Mary and Lorenzo, couldn't have been any more prouder. Their first legitimate son was baptized and soon, other children would follow in the near future.

Back at the palazzo, a celebration was held for little Henry. Francesco, Novella, Clarice, Giuliano, Aelia, and Lorenzo had all gathered around as Mary held the little baby. Of course, while there was a celebration for their son, Lorenzo remained to work, since the Pope gave Lorenzo no time to slow down.

Madonna Lucreiza smiles at Henry, before looking back at Lorenzo.

"You have some important visitors that wish to speak with you, Lorenzo." Mary nodded her head, referring to Lorenzo that it was alright and Lorenzo had kissed Mary's forehead and Henry's before walking to a man that was talking to Madonna Lucreiza and now was talking to Lorenzo.

Mary had felt alone these days, more than anything. She had the support for the child and a husband who loves her, but after the birthing of Henry, it just confused Mary a little. She felt like she was in a pit of darkness, one she could not get out of. She always feared for her child now that he was the heir to Florence. She felt things she never knew were possible. Mary is becoming a Mother and it scared her, more than she hoped it would. Mary handed sleeping Henry to Clarice who took the baby with delight.