XXII

It's a Friday afternoon when Patrick opens the door for me. He greets me and tells me Billie is in her room. From the doorway, I can already hear the sound of music coming from her room.

For the most part, nothing's out of the ordinary... Except for the slight limp I'm walking with.

When I step just outside of her bedroom, an amusing smile forms on my face. She's rushing around her room, grabbing bottles of paint, palettes, graphic pencils, and erasers— all while rocking her head to the music and holding the handle of a paintbrush between her teeth because her hands are full.

There's an easel and canvas placed in the middle of the room and I can tell she's in her element.

I don't want to disturb her but she ends up looking my way and meeting my eyes.

Billie grins and drops her equipment on her bed. She walks up to me, taking the paintbrush from her teeth then leans down a bit so she can properly kiss my cheek.

"Hi baby,"

She muses in my presence for a moment before picking up the pace and resuming her painting process.

"Come sit," She says, dipping her brush into a dollop of ocean blue paint and making broad strokes. Her brush dances across the blank canvas in a manner similar to bob ross.

From her peripheral vision, Billie chuckles lowly as she watches me subtly limp my way over to her bed.

"Too rough last night?"

I smile shyly, kicking my shoes off and laying down on her silk pillows.

"Far from that, actually. Too deep." I correct.

"My bad, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I reply quickly and she raises a challenging eyebrow.

Firstly, no, I did not expect to have sex with my girlfriend for the first time on a random Thursday night.

Yes, girlfriend.

Yes, I enjoyed every second of it.

The Previous Night
(Omniscient)

"The door's locked right?" Billie panted quietly as she continued to meet Leilani's lips over and over again.

Her back was against her headboard and Leilani was straddling her lap, hands cupping Billie's blushing face.

"Who cares?" Leilani managed to mumble. She always seemed to be less responsible in these types of situations. How could she possibly think straight when Billie O'Connell was in front of her, grasping her hips?

"We're good, your dad's probably asleep." Leilani adds.

Billie hummed pleasantly into the kiss when Leilani bit down gently onto her bottom lip.

She gave her a final kiss before using all of her self-control to pull away. "Speaking of, we should probably go to bed sometime soon. It's getting late and we still have school."

It wasn't unusual for the two to have late-night make-out sessions. That's when they had the most alone time and they often used that to their advantage. They'd kiss for however long they pleased but that would usually be the end of it.

Leilani glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table and from there, she chose to ignore the intensifying feeling that was coursing through her body just seconds ago.

She hesitantly agreed and got off of her lap.

The pair began their short nightly routine and hopped back in bed when they were done.