Chapter 9

Nova's heartbeat quicken as the familiar feeling of hues splashed in her abdomen expanding into her veins and stretching up into her heart. The other's figure was hard to see due to Dylan's body being in the way, but from what she could see, which again wasn't very much, still managed to make her feel something in the pits of her stomach, and made a smile form on her face. Her smile though had vanished and instead, she was looking at anything but towards the door where Dylan was glaring daggers at her turned head and pursed lips.

Dylan scoffed as she turned back around eyebrows twitching in annoyance when she saw the knowing smirk flowing on the other's face. "What do you want?" Aurora shrugged feet grazing against the pavement as she clenched her arms into the pockets of her hoodie, "I already said it unless you need me to repeat myself, bitch."

Dylan let out a low chortle, "I'm not a dog, but I do have claws, and if you do wish me to show them then we can go at it again Aurora." Nova glimpsed back at the two confusion written on her face at the other's words, what did she mean by again?

Aurora merely shrugged though eyebrows lifting as she replied, "Meh, It wouldn't be the first time I've dealt with dogs before, it's okay though, you're a little different, just born without the tail, and well, the cuteness. Now move."

Aurora didn't wait for the other to reply shoving the other out of the way and into the house, neglecting how Dylan not only jumped at her but choked the air behind her, obviously wishing it was her instead. When Nova caught sight of the other, she couldn't help but stare, the other's gaze trapped on her's as she handed her the sketchbook making sure their hands brushed to see that pretty shade of red form on Nova's face.

"How are you beautiful?" Again, she ignored the scoff she heard from Dylan.

"I-I'm good, how are you?" Aurora's smile almost melted her heart, making her shrink back against the couch, "I'm better. Missed you-"

"Shut the hell up with that lovey-dovey bullshit."

They both turned towards Dylan that was scowling at the two, arms pressed against her chest as she heaved out a heavy breath. "What the hell happened? And why the fuck does she have your sketchbook Nov?!"

"Well one could say that we have gotten to know each other well, and we spent some time together, you know getting to know each other... quite explicitly."

"The fuck! You two have s-sex- Oh my god!!! Did you even use lube! For your first-"

"What god no Dyl!" Dylan covered her face collecting her breathing together in an attempt to calm her racing nerves and the high blood pressure that was sure to rise from this utter bullshit.

"I-I just watched the two. well, you know!" Dylan gave a grossed-out look, almost feeling like barfing at the image, "This isn't Fifty Shades of Grey Nova! What kind of kinky shit is that! Is that why she has your sketchbook!-" Dylan's eyes widened in realization. "Did you fucking draw the two of them having sex?!"

Nova whimpered covering her face to escape the full-blown embarrassment that she felt. Why was this so difficult? She expected telling her best friend, really platonic soulmate about this wouldn't be so, awkward, and seemingly difficult. But, Nova felt so exposed and slightly uncomfortable as sweat began to form on her skin.

Dylan began pacing in the living room, flipping Aurora off whenever she heard a chuckle or some sort of noise of amusement escape the other's mouth. "Fuck you Aurora. And dammit Nova! You're so stubborn and just like a child! When someone tells you not to do something, why do you do it- Piss off Aurora or I swear I will fight you again."

Nova looked back at the two, "Enough! Let's move on from this subject," She heard Dylan's noise of objection, "how do you two know each other Dyl keeps mentioning again and Dyl you said you were gonna explain it to me but you never did!"