He kept walking the pain mellowing into a light sting. He arrived at the address in the middle of town. Outside of the building leaning against the door of a shop was Brigitte. She was wearing pajama pants and a crop top with a graphic of a gear, layered against it was a leather jacket with her auburn hair flowing in the chilly wind. "Man you are slow!" She exclaimed as she ran up and hugged Genji "Man it's been far too long man!" she said playfully, punching his shoulder. Genji laughed "Really has brig, Hows torb holding up?" he asked as she went to open the door she was leaning on. "Oh he's been great! He recently got a new job at overwatch" Brigitte said. The door opened revealing a workshop with state of the art equipment. "Really? As an operative?" he said sitting down, "Nope as a teacher" Brigitte said rummaging around for her basic supplies. "But before i give you the rest of that" Brigitte said, "What's the deal with the armor?" She asked him. "I mean i'm not complaining but kinda an odd look". Genji froze, he never told her about the accident. With a sigh he got up and took off his hoodie, Her face froze and all of the pigment from her face drained. "Genji, what the hell happened?" She said. Genji's heart tore in half when he saw her face, she didn't look disgusted or disappointed she looked scared and sad. She approached and traced her finger around where metal met skin, the horrid scars painting a painful story. "It was an accident" Genji muttered lying through his teeth and with one look from Brigitte, his lie's melted "Family is only family when you do what they want" Genji said hoping she would understand. She continued inspecting his arm noticing the blood spatter "I see you need some cleaning" She said as she went and gathered all of the materials. Genji and Brigitte went way back, they had met at middle school where they became friends because of their similar interests of Power rangers and rock music. He considered her to be his best friend since middle school. They lost connection in highschool as he left to go to overwatch high and she stayed in public highschool. He would trust her with his life. She returned with multiple rags and a cleaning solution. "So what's the issue?" She asked. Genji responded "The outside metal is basically like skin, it protects the synthetic muscle underneath." he started "Blood got underneath and its messing with the nerve connections, it's super durable but if anything besides water gets in it the muscles start to get glued together messing with connectivity and movement" Brigitte listened closely as she began to clean the outside "Is it safe to remove it?" She asked, finishing the outside of his arm. Genji let out a groan "Yeah but it's gonna hurt like a bitch" He started "The metal is connected to my nerve endings, so when it's removed it feels like skin being ripped off". Brigitte became flushed as she stopped in her track "A-Are you sure you need to do this" she asked. Genji nodded "If i don't then pretty soon i won't be able to move my arm" Brigitte nodded and started to remove the metal. She started to remove what metal she could. Exposing the bright red synthetic muscle, The bright red was contrasted by the dark crimson congealing blood. Genji clenched his teeth in the rag that Brigitte had given him. His breathing was heavy as he felt her clean the inner workings of his right arm, The pain lasted for what seemed like hours. Finally after a few minutes she reattached the metal and finalised the cleaning. "All done!" She exclaimed, taking the rag out of Genji's mouth. She looked into his eyes "You ok Genji?" she asked softly, Genji drenched in sweat gasped as he flooded his lungs with the air of the repair shop. "Not really but just give me a second" he said as he moved his arm, flexing and making sure everything moved right. After checking he nodded "It's good to go" He said with a sigh of relief "Thank you" he sighed as he leaned back and relaxed. Brigitte brought a chair and sat down. "Alright Genji tell me what's going on." She demanded with a stern voice. "Genji thought about dodging the question but knowing Brigitte she wouldn't let it go. "I'm......Kinda homeless at the moment" He said Brigittes face went blank "Homeless? How" She asked confused almost like she couldn't comprehend the thought. "I tested my fathers patience too many times." Genji mumbled in a somber tone. Brigitte took a second to process what he said "Genji. Did he do this?" Brigitte demanded from him, Genji stayed silent but slowly nodded. Brigitte stayed silent looking at Genji. Before bringing him into a hug, she embraced him tightly. Genji felt warm for the first time in months, after the incident no one really interacted with him. After the embrace Brigitte looked at him and stood up, "Well i'd hate for you to go back out there!" she exclaimed, popping the bones in her knuckles. "Why don't you stay here?" she asked beaming with a smile. Genji was taken aback, "Really?" he asked as he looked around, the shop filled with various tools and gear. With mainly motorcycle parts. "What is this exactly?" Genji asked, looking around. "When papa worked for overwatch he used this place to make all of his turrets" Brigitte said touring him around the quite large garage. "After he left this place was abandoned so he gave it to me to work on my stuff" Genji looked around the workbenches we covered in tools, and a motorcycle covered by a sheet. She led him to the back where a small thin mattress was made. Notes scattered around, it seems like she had quite a few all nighters with a few luxuries. "Is it really ok if i stay here?" Genji asked He pulled out his wallet and grabbed the few bills but before he could offer Brigitte stopped him "Seriously? I'm not gonna take money from a friend let alone a homeless man" She chuckled "Besides I have to get some work done so i need to stay here, So get comfy!" she said walking away, sounds of wrenches could be heard. Genji set an alarm and practically fell into the mattress. It was heaven, he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep into a calm sleep.