She's back

Hook P.O.V.

I smiled back at (Y/n). She was back. I bowed into a deep curtsy, "Ma'am, it's a pleasure to see you again."
(Y/n) chuckled, "Stand up you silly man." She moved forward and hugged me. It had been so long since I had seen her, I took her in my arms and hugged her back. I didn't want to let her go, afraid she might disappear again. Eventually (Y/n) and I split and turned around to see a confused Joanne, "You two seem to know each other pretty good."
I glanced upwards to avoid the questioning look Joanne was firing at us.
"You see, the stories I used to tell you about Neverland, James..."
"James?" Joanne asked a bit shocked.
"Uhm, well we knew each other. Before your aunt brought me back with her I used to live here," (Y/n) explained. Joanne was glancing from Wendy to (Y/n) to me.
"Woah, woah. You mean to tell me that you were a Lost girl?"
(Y/n) nodded. Joanne's eyes started crossing and a second later she dropped through her knees with a thud. "Jo!" (Y/n) hurried over to her fainted daughter.
"Jo, wake up. Hey, Jo," (Y/n) tapped her daughter on the cheek who slowly began to open her eyes again. "Am I still in Neverland?" She asked quietly.
"Yes, honey. But it's alright," (Y/n) soothed. Joanne looked as if she was about to faint again but her mother kept her awake.
"Don't be afraid, we'll be safe," she reassured her. I studied the way (Y/n) comforted her daughter, a vague memory of a woman came back to me. She talked to me softly, wiped my tears after the nightmare I just had. Those are fragments of lost memories that pop up in my head from time to time.

Sometimes I remember a man who's standing in a room, I'm in a corner of the room and I see things happening: it's the woman who wipes my tears, she and the weird man are arguing and then he slaps her. I don't move. I'm frozen in the corner, hoping no one notices me. But I'm always noticed, as soon as the man is done with the woman he comes for me. Grabbing me by my wrists and hair, dragging me across the floor. He yells, he's angry with me, but I don't know why.

"James?" (Y/n)'s voice snapped me back to reality, "Are you alright?" She asked further.
"Yeah, yeah..." I said. She nodded, helping her daughter up.
"Well I think we should get moving, the girls and I were originally planning on searching the Creek area," I explained, to change the subject.
"We were thinking about searching the Mountains, there are a lot of hide-outs," Wendy said.
"You thought you could do that with just the two of you?" I asked a bit startled by the fact that (Y/n) should know better than to go alone in the Mountains.
"Yes, we could have managed," (Y/n) said.
"You know it is dangerous! It's the most dangerous place after the Fang."
"I know my way in them."
God, her stubbornness hasn't fade.
"I guess it doesn't matter anymore, we'll come with you," I sighed.
"'We'?" (Y/n) asked, "There's no 'We', if you want to come along fine, but the girls stay somewhere safe."
"I agree, they shouldn't even have left London in the First place," Wendy said with her eyes on her daughter.
"Mom!" Joanne said with a frown.
"I'm not taking you with me on a search in the Mountains," (Y/n) said.

"If I may say something, it would be a waste of time bringing them all the way back to the ship only to come back here to start the search," I said.
Joanne eyed me and I could see her mouth slightly curling up. (Y/n) kept her face blank.
"We could be useful," Jane said softly.
"Yeah, we can go in small places to look out," Joanne added.
(Y/n) seemed as if she might let her daughter come along after all. Wendy wasn't really excited to let Jane do the same.
"Don't do anything stupid, stay close to me," (Y/n) said eventually to her daughter.
Joanne showed a bright smile to her mother and then looked at Jane.
"I guess if (Y/n) think it is alright, then you can come along too. But don't go wandering alone," Wendy said.
Jane hugged Joanne and we were ready to go.

Back on our way to the mountains I walked next to (Y/n).
"So you're back," I said to start the conversation. She looked up at me and smiled, "Would you have preferred if I had send you a postcard?"
"Oh, I don't think you would have found the adresse."
"True," she chuckled.
"How did you find Jo?" she asked after that.
"She came to me, said she needed help with finding her cousin, Pan is back at it with the kidnappings," I explained.
(Y/n) nodded, "Did you know? That Jo, was my daughter."
"She made me think of you, when I first saw her I recognized you in her face, even in her voice."
I looked before me and saw the City-girl, Jo and her cousin walking together and talking about something in the Other Place.
"She doesn't know, about what we had," (Y/n) told me softly.
I turned my head to her.
"I told her about Neverland and what we did to stop Peter but I left out some parts," she explained. I smiled slightly, she had to hold back a laugh too.
"Did she like the stories?" I asked her after.
"When she was little yes, but Wendy is still the best Storyteller," she said, "But turns out she still likes you but in her own way."
"What? How?"
"There's this show where you are represented," she said with a smile.

I eyed her confused. What's a show? What does she mean by represented?

"I'm not sure I follow you," I admitted with a chuckle.
"So in the Other Place they have these light-boxes that also make sound, they call it Television," she explained, "And then you can watch people on it, the light gives images and they're moving and talking. Then you have these things called films or series, one of those series is called 'Once upon a time'. It's a mix of different fairy-tales, and one of the main characters is Captain Hook also known as Killian Jones."

I tried to form a picture in my head of what (Y/n) had just explained.
"So that's what Jane meant when she said 'You're real'."
(Y/n) let out a laugh. I thought I'd never hear that sound again. I wanted to take her in my arms again, having her warmth seeping through my coat.

We walked further and finally arrived in front of of the Mountains, the Fairy Tree stood somewhere right of us and Fang far behind us.
"Stay close at all times," I said before leading us into the Mountains.