Twenty

"What's taking you so long?" Taehyung asked as he waited for Jennie in front of the car they rented for the Prom.

"I'm redoing my hair." Jennie answered in an annoyed tone.

Taehyung could only sigh as he looked at his phone to check the time. It's already 15 minutes past 7 in the evening and they still haven't arrived in school.

It's the night of the Prom, and Taehyung felt rather excited since Jungkook would be his date.

However, instead of having Jungkook pick him up in his house, Taehyung suggested to meet in the event hall because he had to accompany his sister who didn't accept any invitation from the students who tried their luck to be her date.

"We're already late.." Taehyung mumbled as he read a message from Jungkook informing him that he was already in the event hall.

"I'm done. Let's go." Jennie appeared in front of him looking like she had been taken out of a Disney story which involved royalties.

"How do I look?" She asked, twirling to have Taehyung a look of her white Victorian style ball gown with gold embroideries around the neckline down to the waist, streaking and scattering further down the hemline.

Her hair was in an elegant bun that showed the frame of her small and beautiful face.

"You look perfect as usual." Taehyung uttered in disinterest which had Jennie scoffing.

"Well of course. You didn't disappoint as well." Jennie commented as she raked her eyes up and down Taehyung's physique.

His face alone could cause an uproar, much more now that he's wearing a white suit with a low neckline that showcased his collarbones.

Taehyung was never the body-builder type. He's more on the lean, soft-muscled type with curves on the right places.

"I know. No need to state the obvious." He retorted as he opened the door for Jennie.

"Let's get going before I change my mind." He uttered, letting his sister get inside ahead of him.

She struggled a bit because of her attire which had Taehyung snickering.

"Why does your gown have to be ridiculously long and bulky?" He groaned, following inside, careful not to ruin his sister's gown.

"A queen only deserves the best!" Jennie retorted which had Taehyung rolling his eyes as he settled next to her.

"Whatever." was all he could say as their hired driver began maneuvering the car going to the event hall.

————

Multiple pair of eyes darted their way from the moment the siblings emerged from the car and into the red carpet.

Who wouldn't? Both of them were stunning in white, serving the looks that caused heads to turn their way.

"See? We're just in time for a grand entrance." Jennie whispered as she placed her hand on Taehyung's arm with a smile plastered on her lips for the camera.

"Of course. You love the attention after all." Taehyung commented as Jennie continued to smile.

"Correction little bro. Attention loves me." She retorted as both of them made their way inside the event hall.