Nineteen

During the weekend, Taehyung had to wake up earlier than the usual to accompany his sister to the mall where she would look for a gown to wear for the Prom.

The ravenette was not able to decline as Jennie kept on bugging him until he could no longer do anything but to say yes.

"Come on. Hurry up." Jennie grabbed Taehyung by the arm as the two of them entered one of the shops that she had been eyeing as soon as they were inside the mall.

"Do you even have the money for this stuff?" Taehyung asked.

"Uncle gave me the money." Jennie informed which only earned a look from the ravenette.

Though they received the money from their parents' insurance, it was all allotted for their education and everyday necessities which helped them to get by on their own. From time to time, they would receive money from their uncle who took them in for a while before he migrated with his family abroad.

"Don't tell me you asked him to?" Taehyung asked with an annoyed look on his face.

"I didn't. He called me the other day and we happened to touch the subject. He said he'll send money for my gown and your suit, so just cooperate and get it over with. Okay?" Jennie explained which had Taehyung sighing.

As much as he could, Taehyung would rather not attend than ask his uncle for some cash. Though the guy was kind and would surely give without second thoughts, Taehyung did not want to take advantage of his uncle's kindness.

"I should call him to say thanks, then." He murmured.

"You should." Jennie agreed as she continued to look for the perfect gown.

Taehyung just followed her. He would glance over the suits from time to time, but nothing really appealed to him.

"Are we really going to buy? Shouldn't we just rent? It's just a one time thing, so buying would be impractical." Taehyung suggested as Jennie started picking the gowns of her choice for fitting.

"Let's just look around first. If we couldn't find anything we want, we'll just rent. Is that good?" Jennie said as she went inside one of the fitting rooms while Taehyung sat on the stool nearby.

"Okay." Taehyung mumble. He took his phone out to check for his messages while he waited for his sister to finish.

There was a text from Jungkook which instantly made him smile.

Bunny 🐰: Call me when you arrive home. Enjoy but always be safe. ily 💜

He immediately typed a reply, still smiling.

Okay. ilyt 💜

Taehyung quickly slid his phone back in his pants when he heard Jennie calling him to look at the first gown she fitted.

It was an emerald ball gown with halter neckline that framed Jennie's petite physique.

"What do you think?" She asked as she turned around.

"Too princessy." Taehyung commented which made Jennie roll her eyes.

"Is that a good thing or not?" She asked, looking at Taehyung with expectant eyes.

"Depends." Taehyung responded. He heard Jennie groan before shutting the door close while he just silently laughed.

Jennie tried a couple more gown before the two of them decided to check other shops. It took them another hour, but she still failed to buy what she wanted.

By lunch time, they stopped to eat at a fast-food restaurant for about half an hour before proceeding to checking the rental shops near the area.

Since Jennie was having a hard time choosing, she insisted to let Taehyung look for his suit first, and the ravenette just go with it. He's getting tired from going back and forth, and all he wanted now was to go home and lay his back on his bed.