Six

When class was over, the members of the Student Council and the representatives from each class were busy doing the assigned task for the year level where they belong.

The first years were guided by Seokjin in making the props and decorative materials for the program while the second years were assisted by Jimin in sorting out the booth proposals submitted by the representatives.

The third years, lead by Namjoon, were the ones in charge of setting up the theatrical stage for the play 'Romeo and Juliet'.

The fourth years, aside from the members of the Student Council like Jennie, were not given any task because they needed to focus on their academics since they're already graduating.

"Taehyung! Lend me a hand here." Jackson called out as he readied the ladder on the stage.

The ravenette, who was currently helping in arranging the sound system, immediately stood and headed for his friend.

"What do I need to do?" Taehyung asked.

"Hold this for me, so I won't fall." Jackson pointed out both sides of the ladder.

"I'll be checking if there are problems with the lightings' cables. They're not working when I tried to turn them on earlier." He added to which Taehyung nodded.

As soon as Jackson landed his feet on the first step, the ladder had shaken a bit.

"Woah, dude!" Jackson exclaimed, quickly going down.

"I said hold it firmly." He glared at the ravenette who was trying his best not to burst in laughter.

"Dude.. Are you sure you want to do this?" Taehyung asked, humor laced in his voice. He knew too well that Jackson is one scaredy cat.

The other glared at him even more.

"You're laughing." He said but Taehyung was quick to shake his head vigorously.

"I'm not." Taehyung tightly pressed his lips together, cheeks shaking as he tried to control his laughter.

Jackson didn't buy it as he pouted.

"You do it, then." He challenged, quickly holding both sides of the ladder even before Taehyung could answer.

The latter just chuckled before agreeing.

"Alright." He answered, carefully going up the ladder.

"I just have to check the wirings, right?" Taehyung asked, settling himself at the very top. He sat on the middle, balancing himself as he looked up to check the cables and wires.

"I don't see anything wrong here." He murmured, reaching out to check further.

Taehyung took one more look before finally deciding to go down.

"There's nothing wrong here." He uttered, finally looking down, only to see Jungkook instead of Jackson, now holding both sides of the ladder.

This made him flinch, losing his balance a little, wobbling dangerously on top.

"Shit!" Taehyung quickly balanced himself, grabbing his shaky hands on the ladder.

"Careful!"

He heard Jungkook's voice laced with both urgency and warning, followed by strong hands gripping his legs, steadily holding him.

"That's dangerous, Tae!" Jungkook exclaimed.

He carefully guided him down the ladder, eyes full of worry.

"Whose fault do you think is it?" Taehyung whispered to himself, feeling the thumping in his chest become incredibly loud and fast.

He just almost fell on the ground, that's why.