18 retpahC

Alcor/Dipper's POV

"We're there any deals that didn't go so smoothly?" Ford asked, looking up from his notes.

I really, really was hoping that nobody would ask that. I've had plenty of bad deals, but some were traumatic for both myself and the people involved.

"There have been a lot that went badly," I sighed. "I'm guessing you want to hear about one of the worst ones though, right?" I didn't want to bring up the memories, but my family needed to know the truth of what I'd seen and done.

A look of concern crossed Ford's face. "You don't have to talk about them if it makes you uncomfortable," he said, reading my expression.

I shook my head. "It's ok. You all need to know the truth, anyways. This story gets pretty graphic, so you don't all have to listen to this one."

A few short glances at each other were made, and I could feel the concern and fear radiating off of my family. Nobody left though, so I started recalling my worst deal.

"When someone summons me, they need to give some sort of sacrifice. It doesn't have to be anything valuable. Mabel summoned me with a chocolate bar after all." At this, Mabel smiled and pulled another bar out of her pocket. "A lot of demons require sacrificing living beings though, so most cults just resort to that when a sacrifice is needed.

"I've been summoned with animal sacrifices a lot. It definitely makes me uncomfortable, but all I do is tell the cult they only need to give up some food to summon me and go on with making the deal.

"Some cults are a lot more violent though, as you probably know. With what I've said about the sacrifices, you can probably guess where I'm going with this."

I gave everyone time to think, and Ford's eyes widened almost immediately. He mumbled something that nobody but me could hear, and caught everyone else's attention.

"What'd you say, pointdexter?" Stan said. Nobody can hear you when you talk that low."

Ford shakily put down his notes, definitely disturbed by what I was implying. "Someone summoned you with a human sacrifice." He said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

I slowly nodded, and assorted noises of shock came from the group. "Oh my god," my mom said, raising her shaky hands over her mouth. Even Mabel's happy attitude completely melted away when I confirmed Ford's theory.

"Dipper, you don't need to go on any more," Ford said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "It's obvious that telling us about this hurts you."

I shook my head. "I appreciate the concern, but you need to know how I responded in the moment."  My clawed hands were shaking in my lap, and I took in a shaky breath before continuing.

"The sacrifice wasn't just an human. It was a kid, about ten years old. A cult member was holding back an older boy, a knife to his throat. The others were standing around my circle. The leader had a bloody knife in her hand. She said that her and the group wanted the power to make everyone bend to their will, which is a classic cult request.

"Normally I give them the power to just make people bend their arms or legs without hurting them. That way they can't do much serious harm. But I was so angry about how they killed the kid that I-"

I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep my shaking under control. A panic attack was definitely coming, but I needed to finish the story. They needed to know about the monster that I'd become.

I mumbled out the final line in such a low voice that even a rabbit wouldn't be able to hear it

"What was that?" Ford asked, concern and fear laced into his voice.

"I killed them," I shakily whispered. "I killed them all."