Chapter 22: Meeting the sheriff

Start from the beginning

I could hear voices and laughter in the house, three separate heart beats. The heart beat that was making its way towards the front door... was not Stiles' familiar one. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, silently cursing Emmett and his surprise idea, just as the door opened to reveal none other than sheriff Stilinski. I knew it was Stiles's father because they looked alike- and of course Stiles had shown me pictures on his phone.

The smile on the sheriffs face faded into a slight frown. "Uhh- good morning," he greeted in confusion, but with a polite smile. Obviously he hadn't seen any pictures of me.

"I- g-good morning sir," I fumbled, hands sliding into my pockets nervously before coming back out. I should shake his hand right? Or- no, I need to introduce myself first. I must have been quiet for a few seconds, because he started to speak again.

"Can I help you with something son?" He asked gently, probably spotting my nerves. Of course, he's a cop. He reads people. You might as well be wearing a neon sign.

"Well I-," I began, but was interrupted by a high pitched, strangled sound and another body crashing into mine.

A slim, perfect, familiar body that my arms immediately wound around protectively. On instinct I buried my head in his neck, inhaling his lemony-vanilla scent deeply.

"Mieczy," I sighed happily, laying a soft kiss on his skin.

He pulled back and started speaking a mile a minute, slapping me on the shoulder playfully. "Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were coming? A little heads up would have been nice! I would have- I don't know! Dressed better or something?!"

I laughed at the ridiculousness of it- as if his clothes could possibly have any influence on how absolutely stunning he always was. His smile widened at my chuckling, and he immediately moved in for a kiss-

"Ahem," Stiles' dad cleared his throat loudly from where he still stood in the doorway, causing the two of us to jump apart hastily. "Maybe some introductions before the kissing commences?" He asked sarcastically, raising a brow at his son.

"Oh for the love of god- quit acting like you didn't know who he was as soon as you opened the door," my imprint accused with a finger in the air. Ahh, sneaky. He had seen pictures of me then. He had a damn good poker face, I've gotta admit.

When Stiles tried to come in for a kiss again, he got an 'ah ah ah' in return. Stiles just rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, "You're no fun," he pouted, sticking his tongue out at his father as he pulled me by him and into the house.

Which is when I spotted Scott standing behind sheriff Stilinski, smirking at me as if to say 'good luck pal' in the most sarcastic way possible. I felt like pulling a Stiles and sticking my tongue out at him.

My eyes didn't miss the firearm casually sat on the side table. At least he didn't have it holstered on his hip.

"Seriously, why didn't you tell me you were coming?" My imprint asked as he settled next to me on the couch. He kept my hand clasped in his lap and crossed his legs while he leant against my side.

I rolled my eyes fondly and jammed my thumb in the direction of the undoubtedly eavesdropping vampire, "Em had to surprise Derek- which meant I couldn't tell you because he said you wouldn't be able to keep a secret to save your life."

Stiles gasped and held a hand to his chest, obviously offended by the assumption. "That is not true!"

Scott and Stiles' dad both snorted and responded with, "yes it is."

"I told him Derek didn't seem like the surprise type," I chuckled darkly, because I knew I was right. The rest of the rooms occupants nodded their agreement.