Chapter 12 : The chase (Edited)

Previously on The Vampire Diaries.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
And it was in this moment, Klaus' dead heart began to beat again. Not in love but in fear.

Klaus: " NINA!!" Klaus shouted into the phone before the phone cut off from Nina's side.....

Klaus and Stefan shot off into the woods where they saw her go into, wishing that Nina has enough strength to hold the predator off until they arrive. And wishing that they never let Nina leave their side.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nina ran as fast as she could, following the path the forest left for her when she first entered. The vibrant green grass was slowly fading away after each step she took. The sky began to turn this horrible grey colour, almost trying to foreshadow the events to come. Trying to get away from the person chasing after to her, it wasn't long before Nina found out that she wasn't trying to out run an human...

No she was trying to out run something worst. A bloodthirsty vampire, an extremely hungry one. The vampire rushes through the trees and not taking one foot into the sunlight. 'Well that's nice to know' Nina thinks, 'at least they don't have a sunlight ring so all I need to do is stay in the daylight'. But as the day continues and the sky is continuing to darken, the sun won't be out much longer. She knows it's impossible for her to try and out run it, unfortunately the type of hybrid she is doesn't contribute to her running abilities nor her strength. She can only hope that she lasts long enough for Klaus or Stefan to find her.

An idea popped up into her head, it was an incredibly dumb idea but it was all she had, she started to make as much noise as she can so Niklaus can hear where she is. Very clever but there's one downside...this means that she can not lose the vampire, as they are following her very move.

She continues to run as fast as she can but her fastest isn't quick enough. Slowly the sun is starting to set and the sky becomes dark. It isn't long until all the sunlight is gone and the vampire now has free reign. Not staying in the trees any longer, the unknown vampire speeds up and traps Nina on a tree. At full force the vampire pins Nina's hands against the tree, almost dislocating her shoulder blades.

Nina screams in pain as her back collided with the tree, her vision spinning. She must of hit her head as the vampire sped towards her. Her vision starts to black out and without being able to focus on her surroundings, Nina let's out the faintest whimper. Luckily it had enough to attract Klaus and Stefan. In the background she can faintly hear Klaus and Stefan shouting her name, before everything turns dark.

With Klaus and Stefan:

The two of them were racing through the forest, trying to locate Nina. They had to hurry. They paused for a couple of seconds as they came across two pathways. Once they saw that the grass was slightly greener in one direction than the other they knew immediately that this  was the direction they needed to go. They followed the greener pathway, to where they hear a scream, a small whimper and then silence. Worried Klaus and Stefan both sped towards that direction.

Klaus: " NINA!" Klaus shouted at the top of his lungs after hearing Nina screamed. Klaus and Stefan picked up the paste they were running at and it wasn't long before they could faintly see Nina trying to escape from the vampire before all her motions stop.

Vampire: " Now who are you guys. Why does my snack know you?" The vampire asked arrogantly, not knowing the two elder vampires. He had a mistake, a mistake that costed him his life. Stefan felt almost bad for the young vampire who was oblivious to this fact. Those feelings left as quickly as they came as Stefan remembered why the unknown vampire was dying tonight.

The vampire moved on of his hand to Nina's throat and squeezing it tightly, creating a small gasp from the unconscious girl. Klaus saw a small twitching movement was from Nina's hand that was hanging from her body. He wondered briefly if she had regained consciousness but it was obvious that she hadn't. Her heart rate was slowing down. She didn't have that much longer.

Stefan: " Now would you look at that. He doesn't know us. Now dear friend why don't you tell him who you are." He said smirking at the vampire, causing him to grow uncomfortable.Stefan didn't mentioned who he was purely because nobody seems to stay dead and he doesn't want to risk it.
Klaus: " I AM THE ORIGINAL HYBRID. NOW LET THE GIRL GO!" And it was as if a switch in his brain turned on. He let go of Nina's throat and started to back away, apologising for the mix up. Nina's body slumped to the ground, her head yet again was hit and a snapping noise was heard from her arm.

Fury ran through Klaus' and Stefan's body. This man- no this thing was not escape with its head on its body. Klaus looked at Stefan, giving him a nod. Stefan vamp-speed after the vampire who had just ran away too afraid of what might happen to him.

A loud gasp was heard from Nina as she slowly brought herself into a sitting position. Nina was sitting on the floor, with her hand to her throat trying to catch her breath and arm loosely hanging. With tears in her eyes she looked at Klaus and his heart almost melted on the spot. He raced over to Nina and bringing her into a tight hug refusing to let go. He was stroking her hair whispering soothing words into her ear, trying to calm her down. Eventually her breathing returns calm and the tears in her eyes reduced to only red, puffy eyes.

Klaus: " Let's get you out of here love." He whispered to her, standing up, pulling Nina with him. Briefly forgetting about that thing Stefan chased after.
Nina: " Just one minute." She replied, only getting a simple nod in reply.

Nina takes a few steps forwards before looking around in the forest. A cool breeze blowing her hair side to side, she picks up the hand that's not broken and puts it in-front if her. Hearing faint whispers from Nina the winds start to pick up.

Nature has become amplified.

Everything was clearer. The trees were more sharp. The bright green leaves were a shade of green you could only dream about. The field around them returned to that illuminate green.The wildlife was the best thing. Tonnes of animals all dancing together. No harm. No fighting. Just peace. Klaus stared in amazement as the moon light made its way into the clearing, he felt one with nature. It amazed him at how one simple girl could do this.

After a few minutes of this peacefulness, Nina slowly started to step back and joined hands with Niklaus. She was ready to go.

And so they left.