Barnard scurries like a trained lab rat down a series of long white polished corridors. Clinging closely to the walls. Stopping at a plain door, not unlike any other door along the corridor. He knocks three times, and he stands back and waits for it to be opened. The sound of keys could be heard in a lock on the other side and a handle turns slowly. Squeaking on its hinges the door opens.

"Barnard... What you want?" Isaac asked, disappointed to see him, poking his head from

the doorway as though he were expecting someone more interesting.

Barnard attempts to look into the room. The red tape at the base of the door indicated be was barred from entering. In the background, he could see three small Greys stand over a device.

Chattering among themselves with a series of clicks. Whiff of vapor fumes raise into the air from a laser wand. A spark crackles and lights up the room brilliantly, temporarily blinding Barnard.

The Greys stop momentarily to look up to see Barnard observing them, only to dismiss the odd-looking human and resume their work.

"What do you want Barnard? You can see we're kind of busy here." Isaac asked impatiently.

"Just spoken with the Director... I told him you were on track... Well, are you? Hm?" He parrot's the Director.

"Yeah, of course, aren't we boys?" Isaac enquires from the naked Grey creatures.

Raucous clicks and chatter erupt about the table indifferent to the question. They were working on their timetable, not Barnard's.

"See, told you so." Isaac responds grinning.

"Jesus Isaac, I hope you're right. Everything depends on that thing."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever... It will be ready when it's ready. Won't it boys?" Isaac turns and asks the Greys.

More raucous clicks and agitated chatter erupts about the workbench, and large black eyes stare back at Barnard as though to suggest he was now unwelcomed. Barnard felt a dizzy spell coming on and stepped back from the door.

"Bugger off, I've got work to do!" Informs Isaac to his superior now looking faint.

"I very much doubt that... Just remember who pays your wages." Barnard stammers rubbing his head.

"I get paid? I haven't been allowed out for the past year! It's like I'm dead down here!"

Exclaims Isaac raising his hands as though it was news to him.

"That can be arranged if Telos is finished on time." Barnard threatens.

The Greys chatter turns to a growl, suggesting he should be on his way. Large black eyes focus on Barnard bald head.

"Bugger off Barnard." Isaac slams the door in Barnard's face, stifling the projected thoughts.

Keys sound again, this time locking Barnard out and Isaac in. Muffled chatter and clicking sound as if it were laugher.

"Isaac! Isaac! Open this door!" Barnard pounds the door to no avail. His plead going

unanswered. His voice carrying about the vacant corridors only to echoed back to him, as though it were calling him.

Frustrated, Barnard scurries like a trained lab rat down a series of sterile corridors of plain doors without numbers back to his office and quickly closes the door behind him. As if to legitimize the clandestine organization operating under their very noses, portraits of former presidents hung from the walls. The Director of Central Intelligence would be politely informed to cooperate.

Keeping the world in a state of pleasant equilibrium as people went about their daily lives.

Unaware of the truth that lived among them.

Barnard dials a three-digit number and waits for the call to be answered.

"My office, now!" He orders firmly down the mouthpiece.

Then pours himself a stiff drink of gin, two fingers. It had been a testing morning and that

day was not over. Moments later there is a knock at the door.

"Sit down..." He instructs the two men appearing identical black suits and sunglasses, "...

And take those silly things off, you're inside for God's sake." He reprimands them.

Reluctantly, two agents remove the dark glasses and sit on the couch feeling anxious. Naked without their sunglasses. Barnard takes a swallow of the drink inhaling the vapors through  nostrils savoring the elixir now calming his nerves. Recycling the meeting the Director, and then the confrontation with Isaac.

An agent coughs lightly as though to catch Barnard's migratory attention.

"Ah yes, you two. I have an assignment for you..." He pauses to consider the timing, "...Get

yourself to StarTech. I want a complete background checks of all staff. From the Janitor to the CEO, Stowers, or whatever his damn name is... Understood?"

"Yes sir." The two men answer in unison as though they were telepathic.

"Leave no stone unturned." Orders Barnard.

"Yes sir."

"Anyone causes trouble, you know what to do." Barnard glares at the men.

"Yes sir."

"Alright, off you go... I have work to do." Barnard lied.

The Agents stand, leaving Barnard alone and cocooned in his office. To contemplate the apocalyptic device the Grey's were building. Looking up to the ceiling and an unseen moon. To Sirius and moon base Trinity...