Sirius

A hover shuttle moves swiftly along a large round corridor. Worker Greys bow their heads toSirius and wait stationary for the shuttle to pass. A larger Grey stands over them giving orders.The shuttle descends gradually into the base along endless corridors. Raising a hand for theshuttle to halt Sirius steps out and enters a room to find a naked human strapped to a surgicaltable.

Trembling with fear, human eyes follow the movements of the larger alien approachingthem. Sirius grins and tilts his head curiously at the female form. So... Hairy. So... Ugly. Thehuman species was hideous. Primates lacking intelligence. Displacing the reptilian race that hadonce dominated the planet. Now extinct. Terminated by an unfortunate accident. A rogueasteroid.

If only he was about to have saved them. He would have been seen as a God. A tear comesto an eye at the thought. Hundreds of millions killed. Long before his time, yet he still felt theloss.

Furry rodents had scampered about the ashes, free to roam unhindered, and in time becametop of the food chain. Three hundred million years later they would stand upright and eventuallybreak the gravitational forces that held them to the earth. Discovering flight and in time, steppingupon the moon. 

Though they had harnessed the atom, they had yet to harness themselves. The species thathad advanced so suddenly became stagnant. Squabbling with each other over petty territorialborders. Stockpiling nuclear weapons that could wipe the planet clean a hundred times over. Andthen some. Making the planet uninhabitable.

Standing over the whimpering human Sirius smells the woman's fear and grins. Then signals tothe attendant to begin. A probe is inserted up the woman's nose. Screens flash vital signals. Thewoman tries to scream, but she cannot. Paralyzed, she cannot move. Restraints clamp her to thebench. Another probe is inserted elsewhere, then another. Voltage is applied and the woman'seyes roll in her head, fingers grasp into white knuckles fists. Unable to faint she remainsconscious throughout the procedure. If it was a procedure.

Eggs are removed from ovaries and placed in a clear dish and examined under a beam ofharmonic yellow light. The attendant nods with approval. The woman would make a finebreeding vessel.

"In_sem_i_nate_. In_sem_i_nate_." Sirius instructs.

A telerobotic cable enters the woman. She flinches with discomfort. And a surrogate egg isplanted onto the wall of the womb. 

Pleased with the insemination, the attendant nods to Sirius

"It_ is_ done_." The attendant informs.

An incision is made into the woman's scalp. Blood bleeds from the wound down the side ofher face. A laser bores a small opening into the bone of the skull. The attendant inserts a smalldark device within the pink folds of the brain matter. With no ill effect to the woman looks up atthe Grey. Her eyes darting side to side as to what was going on. What were they doing to her?

The Grey's large black eyes blinking sideways at her. The incision is cauterized with a flashof light and the bleeding stops. 

Sirius' nose twitches at the unpleasant smell of the woman. Stepping back to examine her,finding her large breasts and nipples peculiar and repugnant. Love was a human trait. Grey'swere asexual. The hormone that seduced and bonded males and females to mate had beengenetically removed from his species millennia before. There would be no wanton act of carnalcourtship that drained the brain of vital blood. No physical violating the other and the fusion ofgametes. No genes littered with cancers and hereditary deformities, passed haphazardly from onegeneration to the next.

Unbridled. Unhindered. Unchecked.

 The negligent thought nauseated him. Without his intervention thirty thousand years ago,Man would still be living in caves. But with a tweak here, a substituted gene there, Siriustransformed their purpose, other than for food.