:: Special Chapter

SPECIAL CHAPTER

Chaster's POV

"How do you define love?"

I smiled and looked everywhere. Finding Danny to know if she was looking at me. I just found out that she's not paying attention to me. She's talking with someone on the phone.

"Love sometimes makes you dumb, dull and stupid. Imagine I waited for my girl for almost a decade. It's hard and challenging. Ang dami kong sinugal. And it was worth it. Argh. Speaking of, she's not listening to me and talking with someone while I'm talking about her." Lumingon ang interviewer at halos ng guest kay Danny. Nagsenyas siya sa akin na lalabas siya ng studio dahil mukhang busy na naman siya sa trabaho niya. Gosh, promoting her was a bad idea.

"Moving on, Daniella is everything to me. I can't imagine myself falling for another girl except Danny. I promised to myself that I'm not getting married if she's not my bride. I spend my life pursuing her, accepting her flaws, herself and actually everything about her. And I think that's love. True love, perhaps."

"About your brother, Landon Flores. Was it unrespectful since she was your brother's ex-wife?"

"I didn't steal Danny from her. I respect Daniella's decision every time. Wala akong pake kung masaktan ako or whatsoever dahil siya naman ang pumili non'. Lucas and I both know the meaning of the words 'deserve and best' when it comes to Danny. We always fought about that before. Lucas really loves Danny, no doubt. He became obsessed with her. Umiikot na ang mundo niya kay Danny. But you can not tell time, destiny rather. For me, It's not unrespectful. We both know what happened. Let's consider it as fate."

Tumutok ako sa camera ng ilang segundo. I know Lucas is watching me right now. Ngumiti ako ng mapait bago lumingon pabalik. I can't forget the things he said to me before he went to NY.

// Flashback

Lucas asked me to meet on the company before his flight. Dad transferred him abroad and he also wanted to live his own life, probably moving on.

"Was it Danny who filed the divorce papers?" I asked while playing with his pen.

"No." He replied and glared at him.

"If it wasn't her, then?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was me." Tumingin siya ng diretso sa mata ko at tumayo sa swivel chair niya.

"W-Why? I thought Danny
—wait, so it's your decision to let her go?"

"I do love her, that's why I set her free. You're right. I was just wrong about myself. Danny devoted her 15 years to me. We met when I was 16 and she was my first love, my first kiss, my first everything and my first girlfriend. It was magic, happiness. . . I should consider myself lucky. Starting from Luke, James and Carson? I have been chosen. And you can not count how many times she considered her feelings for me and not choosing you over me."

"She's always there when I'm alone, when I was at the bottom and nowhere to go. After all of that, I was still able to hurt her. I have no idea how many times she cried because of me. I'm gone for 4 years and it's still me that she has chosen to be his husband. We got married and our princess was born." He added.

"I love her. I can't explain how much and we both know that I don't want to lose her at all. When we migrated to Italy, everything was fine. Our happy family was back and it's really amazing. But with that, she had to face the consequences of losing her friends. Rose, Rain, Carson and You. You're so important to her, Chaster. Actually, It's your birthday when I filed the divorce. She was puzzled, of course. Imagine we were happy and fine and I asked about that. I don't want to spend her whole life with me especially when I know that she's not really happy and contented at all. I can't watch Danny losing her friends just because of a self-centered man like me. She made me happy for the last decade and it's my turn to do the same."