"You train day and night not because you want to, but because it's the only way you know how to earn the affection and attention you want," Kai said. Astrid crosses her arms. "You know nothing about me," She said. "Yeah, but I know enough that you've been secretly berating yourself over the fact I was right about Yohan," Kai said. Astrid huffs and said. "Its nothing I," She tries to defend. "Look if it makes you feel any better the only reason I didn't like him was because he just gave me bad vibes," Kai admits. "And they were right," Astrid said therefore admitting she had been beating herself up over the betrayal. "They are usually wrong though trust me. I thought my leaders dad was suspicious so I attacked him without much reason," Kai admits cringing at the memory. Astrid feels guilty pride hearing that because to her Kai had seemed like a much more skilled version of Hiccup up to that point. "I also rarely do what anyone says purely for the sake of annoying them sometimes," Kai continues. "And lastly I know the biggest mistake I made was not returning when I was supposed too," Kai admits. "What do you mean?" Astrid asks.

Kai put his head in his hands. "I didn't go back to Ninjago because I was still mad at the others, but I never thought to consider how Nya or anyone else would feel about it. I was just mad at them and I wanted to hurt them like they hurt me, but I never stopped to consider how this could hurt Nya. She's alone she has no family, but us and when she learns about everything that's happened....... She's my sister as much as Hiccup's my brother, but I can't leave her. It was selfish of me to not come back just because I was mad at the others," Kai looks at Astrid.

"I know I can't stick around forever as much as I want too, but Ninjago needs me, they need me," Kai said as if making a final decision. "And your just going to leave Hiccup and the chief just like that?" She asks accusingly knowing how much that will hurt them. "Astrid I'm not a Viking. I was never meant to be one, I'm a ninja whether we like it or not. I want to be there for Hiccup and dad, but you of all people should know a warriors duty is too the ones they swore to protect and when you can't protect everyone you need to realize who needs you the most," Kai finishes.

Astrid let's all that sink in. "Who needs you more?" She asks. "I'm not sure," The red ninja admits feeling defeated. Astrid asks her second question, the one puzzling her the most. "Why are you telling me all this?" She asks. "Well one I think you and Hiccup would make a good couple and I want you two to stop fighting which in turn I want you to stop hating me. In my experience heart to hearts work pretty well," Kai admits and Astrid hides a blush at the couple thing failing to deny her obvious crush. "And two I just wanted to talk to someone who isn't going to try and get me to choose a side. I know you don't exactly like having me around, but I also know your not gonna force a decision out of me," Kai finishes with that standing up from the tree once he noticed the other hunters had gone to sleep.

"You going to rescue her?" The braided blonde asks. "Nah she's fine for now and besides I already managed to talk to her," Kai said surprising Astrid. "Really when?" She asks. "I talked to her from a distance using Morse code in bird chirps while she blinked. No one knew the wiser," Kai smirks proud of himself and Astrid admits she was impressed. "What did you say?" She asks.

"I told her hold on and she said 'you are going to be dead when I get my hands on you ash for brains,'" Astrid laughs. "Your right I already like her," she admits.

"Yeah besides I'll win tomorrow," Kai said being confident. "What about the others? How can you be so cocky?" Astrid asks. "It's my thing besides, as cheesy as it sounds, it's when you start to doubt or panic is when you start to fail. Have no fear and you'll succeed," Kai said and started climbing down the tree.

Astrid stayed up there for a moment then realized something.

How come the start every heart to heart she has is in a tree?