12:30 am

•Mirae's POV
It's 12:30 am right now. I tried reconnecting to the server again and again. Ahh! Why isn't this damn thing working? I banged my hand on the monitor and headed outside that suffocating room. I need a break. I went outside at this time after many days. Maybe after many years.
I went near the small bus stop near my residence and sat on the bench. No one is here on the road. This area is not that populated so there's no one at this moment.
I removed a cigarette and a lighter from my hoddie's pocket. Out of all human bad habits, why am I addicted to this? Thinking to myself, I lighted my cigarette and was about to put in my mouth until somebody grabbed it from my hand. It's a man from his appearance. He was wearing a black mask, a black hoodie and a black cap. Seems such a pervert.
He crushed the cigarette under his foot. My precious cigarette! I swear this guy.
"Cigarette smoking in public places is prohibited." He said and sat on the next bench and on the opposite side.
"Zhízhào!" I said in Chinese so he won't understand. (Pervert)
It's not that I'm scared of him. I just don't want to pull a fight right now. It's boring.
"Wǒ de zhōngwén shuō dé hěn hǎo. (I can understand Chinese very well.) I'm not a pervert. It's just that don't smoke in public places." He said while he was looking in his phone. Brat human!
"Baekhyun-ah, where are you? What time is it?" He was talking on the phone.
"Sorry, Hyung. I'll be back in sometime." The person on the other side said and they disconnected the call.
He, then, stood up and went away. Maybe, he really wasn't a pervert. But my precious cigarette. I'm not gonna forgive him for that.
Suddenly, my watch started vibrating. The server must have started working again. I rushed to the my apartment.
I tried establishing signals and yes, it got connected. Hurray!!
My last mission is here!! A long list of names was displayed on the screen and I took a print of it. This is the longest list I've ever got in all these years. After, I finish this, I'll be able to go back. Go back to where? I know whatever I'm saying is all very confusing, so let me explain.
Hello, I'm Mirae. Surname? I don't have one. Rather, I don't remember. What am I? Humans believe that universe is divided into 11 dimensions. Well, I'm from the 12th one. And believe me, there are more. What am I doing here? Well, I'm here to kill people who are on the verge of death. No, I'm not a grim reaper like they show in those television dramas. Grim reapers guide souls. I kill people. Why? Actually, the population is this dimension is the highest. And the officials from my dimension have sent me and many others here to clear it. Human death rate has decreased after advancement in medical science. So, the population here is rising. So, I kill people who are about to die but have even 1% chance to be saved. Well, that's what I was told when I was sent here. But, sometimes, I think that the reason is different. They're fooling me but I don't care. Just a few more months and I'll be able to go back. When did I start doing all this? It has been 9 years since I killed the first human. But, don't call me a murderer because that term doesn't exist in my world. Why AM I here? Well, let's not talk about this.
__________________________________
I checked the list. Last time, it had just 23 names but this one has 57. This is going to be tough and fun. Well, I don't care now. In the beginning, I used to think that this all is so unfair but now I know, humans forget the ones who die and continue to live as if that person never existed. Their lives don't get that affected. They're mean enough to forget everything about that person.
"Oh, the first one is tomorrow itself. In Hongdae hospital. Okayy! I can sleep now. Let's start the last mission tomorrow!" I said to myself and shut the server.
And then I went to sleep.

__________________________________
Hello, everyone. Welcome to my Lay fanfic. I'm a bit nervous about this one but please take care of me throughout.
This time the updates might be slow but I'll try my best to make those updates quality wise.
Please vote, comment and share it with your fanfriends.

PLEASE DO NOT BE GHOST READERS. I NEED YOUR RESPONSES TO KNOW HOW IT'S GOING.