Chapter 10: Count on Me

Ryujin's POV

As I've said before, Yeji and I grew closer. We now know each others likes and dislikes. Just what typical friends should be. I still can't believe this happened too. Thinking about it, my friends have been telling me that Yeji has definitely softened me up. They told that I'm not as "cold and as "blank" as I was before. Although I still am, they're only the ones who see this other me.

I even remember this one time that we were all hanging out in Lia's house which may I tell you was so huge, what did I even expect, she's rich as hell. Going back, I think Yeji was telling some funny jokes and stories and there's this particular one that made me smiled widely and laughed loudly. Of course, everyone was laughing but after awhile, I was surprised because the room went silent and I was the only one laughing. So i stopped and looked to them, only to find them staring at me like it's they're first time seeing me.

"What? Am i this beautiful for all of you to stare this much at me? I mean I know that but you don't have to be so obvious, it's just me you know" I jokingly said

Everyone seemed to went back to their old selves when I spoke. Chaeryeong immediately smacked my head at the back, "Yah! You're too full of yourself. How does so many even like you?" She sighed

"She's right unnie, anyways, we did not stare at you because of that. We stared because you've finally grown!" Yuna commented

"Excuse me young Shin, are you insulting my height?! I know I'm not as tall as you but that doesn't mean you have the right to always tease me with this" I replied back

She just face palmed and was about to reply when Lia unnie butted in. "Ryujinie, that's not what we meant. What we're trying to say is that you've finally grown as in you've broke out of your comfort zone. Look at you smiling widely and laughing loudly. It's like this is the first time we've shown your teeth"

"Unnie! You're making it sound weird" Yuna commented

"What? It's just the truth okay"  She replied

I was then surprised when Chaeryeong immediately hugged me and said, "Aigoo our Ryujinie has finally grown. I feel like crying, this is an achievement" She said like she's my mother or something. "This is all thanks to you Yeji unnie, I'm so glad you softened her up"  She added

So I looked at Yeji and she stared back at me before saying, "What? I just said something funny but you're welcome I guess. I know how tough this has been for you two" She looked at the maknaes and looked as if she was pitying them.

"Oh c'mon y'all, stop being dramatic. Am I really that hard to take care of? Did I really bring you both a hard time? I'm sorry" I replied while pouting

Yeji then pinched my cheeks, "Aww you're so cute Ryujinie. Our Ryujinie you must had it tough huh? Don't worry we're all always here for you okay? You've got two more friends by your side"

"Unnies! POWER HUG!" Yuna said excitingly and hugged me first before the rest followed"

I've never been so glad and grateful to have these four by my side

What a flashback. Anyways, let me tell you that we have an upcoming competition in like two months from now. The coaches have been training as hard, it's literally hell in here.

"Okay, okay stop! You're all still not sync. Again it's like this" Coach Jung looked frustrated but I'm surprised he's not shouting at us, I admire his long patience. Although he's scary, sometimes his gaze scares us. He's really so serious in monitoring us but it's for the better anyway plus he's really a good coach and dancer; the school did well in hiring him.