Chapter 9: Sucker

Ryujin's POV

As days, weeks and even months have passed, I have indeed grown closer to Yeji. I also became friends with her friend, Lia, so of course expect that from a group of three, we are now officially five.

You're all probably wondering right now, how did this cold, blank faced and well a coward towards her crush be friends with her right now? Obviously, it took a lot of time for me to no be tough- no that's not the right term, more like soften I think since whenever we need to talk or interact, I think it's obvious that I am kind of awkward, off and stiff around her. So, my forcing friend- I mean my kind and lovely friend Chaeryeong told me to stop being like that and just be myself. Of course, once again, it somehow took a lot of time and courage since who wouldn't be nervous in front of someone you like? Being able to stare and admire her from a far is already enough but being this near and interacting most of the time due to being in the same team? Well that surely is overwhelming and too much to handle for me.

Anyways, I feel like I am kind of babbling right now as I recall all the past events that happened over the course of time. So yes, long story short, we're friends and we're closer than ever. Well don't worry, I can control my likeness towards her, I am doing good and I am fine. I am Shin Ryujin, I can do anything.

I was about to think of something else yet someone smacked me at the back of my head. "Yah unnie! You're daydreaming aren't you? Is this about Ye-" I immediately put my hand over her mouth and glared at her "Shut up Yuna! Do you want me to expose you to Chaer-"

She's tapping my hand telling me to stop it so I removed it. "Okay okay I'll shut up now unnie, just be quiet too"

"Ehem! Who do you both mean by 'Ye' and 'Chaer'?" We both flinched when we heard who spoke. So we turned around and found the other three.

"Oh h-hi unnies! How are you all doing today? That was just nothing, we were just playing hehe. You know uh we were just thinking of random names with those letters" Yuna explained.

I looked at them with a normal expression and nodded, agreeing to what my sister said. I looked at Yeji and smiled and found that she was already staring at me, with her brow raised then squinted her eyes at me, not believing us for sure but instead they all let it go.

We all then headed to the cafeteria to eat our lunch. I was walking by myself since I let them head first. However, I saw Yeji stopped walking and looked at me. "Why did you stop?" She rolled her eyes and replied, "Isn't it obvious? I'm waiting for you Ryujin. I want to walk with you" She then clinged her arm with mine and we continued walking.

God, Yeji, stop being like that. It's not good for me and my heart.

We then went towards the other three who were waiting for us. "Hey Ryujinie, why are you slightly red? Are you alright?" Lia asked

I immediately touched my forehead then my cheeks and it was indeed slightly hot. Fuck was I blushing all this time? I'm glad it's a little only at least. "Oh yes I am unnie, just felt kinda hot but I'm really good"

"Are you sure? Don't you want me to bring you to the clinic?" Yeji said

"Yes I really am unnie, don't worry I'll be fine" I said and smiled at them

Okay I admit it feels to call her unnie but what can I do, that's me being polite and we're just still friends

As we ate our lunch and talked about random things, I suddenly remembered that I haven't gave her the letter yet. Maybe I should give it during our training later, I mean that's somehow easier than putting it in her locker anyways. I'll probably just put it in her locker on the gym.