Chapter 5: Dimple

Yeji's POV

Today is the day where all the students who passed for the dance team will be announced. I am looking forward for it since those who auditioned this year surely impressed the whole team so much. It's not always when students are this skilled and really goes all out even just for auditions.

I am walking towards a bench near the entrance while currently waiting for Lia when someone bumped into me.

I looked up and saw a girl who has this big round eyes, has bangs and she's tall. As in tall TALL. She's so pretty and at the same time she has this expression that makes her look like a cute baby.

"Hi, I'm so sorry. Im really sorry. I was running because my sister left me at home and went here with our friend since I woke up late" She explained, apologizing over and over

I held her shoulder, "Hey it's okay. I know you didn't do it purpose, I'm not mad but next time be careful okay?"

"Yes, thank you so much. You're so kind and friendly. May I know your name? You're older than me aren't you?" She asked

"I'm Hwang Yeji and yes I'm a junior already"

She's staring at me with this unreadable expression then after a few seconds her eyes grew wide as if she just realized something. "Oh my god, it's you" She said loudly

"It's her oh my god. How did I not notice that" She keeps on repeating that phrase and seems that she doesn't know that she's saying her thoughts out loud (too loud may i add) so I decided to finally interrupt her

I tapped her shoulder and said, "Excuse me but what do you mean that it's me and how come you didn't notice?"

Gasping, she covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh I'm sorry unnie, I didn't know I was doing that again. I uh I just heard about you from other students hehe"

"How rude of me unnie, I am Shin Yuna btw. I'm a freshman this year" She added

"Nice to meet you then Yuna, hope you'll get to enjoy in this school well" I offered my hand and she shook it.

Smiling widely she replied, "Nice to meet you too unnie!! I hope we get to talk more some time but I need to go now, my sister's probably getting impatient of waiting for me"

"Sure when we meet next time, let's talk more okay? See you next time" I waved goodbye at her

I even heard her murmur again, "Bet unnie's gonna be jealous of me"

This girl surely is energetic and loud. A ball of sunshine indeed.

Finally after what seems like ages, I spotted Lia arriving. "Hey Yeji, sorry for making you wait for so long"

"I don't even want to guess what your reason is. Same old reason isn't it? Oversleeping huh?"

"Y-yes hehe s-same old reason. I-i overslept again" She replied but she seems nervous and she even stuttered, what's up with this girl?

Staring at her for a long time, analyzing her expression and movements I know that she's not telling me something. Did she really think I wouldn't know when we've been friends since middle school?

"Lia" I called her but it seems that she's spacing out. "Yah Choi Jisu!" I called her again but louder this time

Confused she turned at me, "Yes, what? Did you say something?"

"Yes I did alright, I've been getting your attention for awhile now. Seriously tho, what's up with you today? You do know that I know that you're not telling me something right?"