"Eleanor already told you that you would be in the in-between were people can't decide if they want to go or not. You're not really dying, yeah your soul is fading but your body will stay. You'll be like the winter version of sleeping beauty." Jack picked at the sides of his staff as he thought everything over. 

"So, does the rule still stand that I will be gone for seven years?" Callahan thought about it for a moment. That was a rule that was set but it was set for the Guardians whose power was to high but not really that high. The other Guardian's power wasn't high enough for them to fade. Jack, however, was close to explosion. He didn't really know how long Jack would be with them. 

"I'll give you honesty I'm not sure the other's will give you but I honestly don't know how long you'll be gone. The other Guardian's won't be fading with you. They're power isn't high enough for that yet. It won't feel like that long to you though, it will just be lik-"

"Callahan!" They both turned to see a very mad Nick. They weren't supposed to be this honest with Jack yet because he would get more scared before Sunday. Nick had told the others to send someone else or either send Elenora back for him today. Callahan was to blunt for today. 

"Why hello, Nick. So nice of you to join us." Jack looked in between the two realizing that the fairy had just messed up. He felt like the boy had overshared because Elenora had told him there were things they couldn't talk about. 

"What do you think you're doing?" 

"I am giving what you or the others won't, he deserves the full truth. It's gonna happen whether any of us like it or not." Jack turned when he heard more little sounds from new workers. He saw Tooth coming in the distance. There was no time to tell the boys to go away before she saw him. He watched her eyes go wide before the tears came. The sight of those made him wince. He never liked someone crying over him. 

She flew faster than he could comprehend before jumping him. The hug was tight as she cried on him. Looking over her shoulder, she saw Nick and Callahan watching. Her brother held a blank face watching what was happening while Nick just looked sad. He looked from them to her before looking back. 

"She can't see us, kid." Jack just closed his eyes. Of course she couldn't. He hugged her back before glaring at the boys. He couldn't help it. They needed to leave for right now. He needed this time alone with her before the end of the day. He had six days left. One day for each of the other Guardian's and the last day for the Seasonals. Today was Monday for Tooth. He would stay home each night for his Dad. 

Tuesday - North
Wednesday - Sandy
Thursday - Pitch 
Friday - Seasonals

On Saturday he would go the Burgess to spend time at his lake. He thought about dropping by the Bennett house. There was a new family there but it wouldn't hurt to just see the house. Then it would be Sunday. He didn't really know what would happen that day. 

They pulled back before Jack sent a smile. He didn't do goodbyes well but he did do fun. Tooth had never played tag with him before, none of the fairies had except for Baby Tooth. He would change that today. 

---------------------------

Their day had been spent ignoring everything. They played tag around the Tooth Palace, all of them. The ones working would change out and take turns playing with Jack. It was close to sunset as they sat on the pillar, deja vu hitting him as he turned to see Tooth in Callahan's place from this morning. He wanted to tell her so bad. Jack thought about it long and hard before asking, it was emotional day might as well be the most he could. 

"What was your life like before being a Guardian?" Tooth's breath caught at Jack's question. She never liked to talk about what it was like. Her past was sort of like Aster's. She came from a special race of fairies whose life was settled around protecting the memories they found through life. Back then, it was still teeth but the ones from around the villages they watched over. She had always been a protector of memories. 

She told Jack the story of how they all came in contact with another type of fairy, a dark fairy. There weren't many of them left that she knew of now except for the ones that were spared by the moon. Manny had arrived to late to save all of her people but she was sent to protect their center. Her kingdoms set of memories. The Palace, unlike Aster's Warren, had always been here. Her brother had given his life to keep her safe so she could go to the palace first. 

Jack listened as he heard yet another version of how one of his friends lost their family, their race, to disaster. It seemed they had all lost it to things of darkness. Bunny and Pitch had lost their families and themselves to nightmares while Tooth lost hers to dark fairies. It was like one big fairy tale. He nearly laughed as he realized that's what the world called them, fairytales. 

"We don't know what we are going to do for those seven years with you gone, Jack." He turned his attention back to his fairy friend. Her bright purple eyes were still glossy from the tears shed throughout the day when she thought he couldn't see. He sighed as he picked at the edges of his staff. The urge to tell her it may be longer was so tempting but he couldn't. 

"You'll be okay. You've all lived without me before." She shook her head before putting a hand on his shoulder. He took a deep breath as he realized things were about to get serious enough she was making sure he couldn't bolt. 

"We weren't living before you. You were right when you first called us deadlines. That's all we had. Bunny blocked everyone off in his Warren, North constantly focused on his toys, Sandy never really was seen, and I just stayed here all the time. Then you came. Bunny left his Warren and he got more involved, North started taking breaks and making plans for people to come to the Pole, Sandy visited more, and I leave the Palace more." 

This was something Jack was worried about. He knew he changed them over the years but he never realized just how much. With him gone, now he was really worried about if they would go back to what they were before. All closed off and staying away from each other. He looked back to see her watching the sunset. It was in this moment he realized this was something he found himself doing with everyone. Sunrises and sunsets. 

"Promise me you'll still go out even with me gone." Tooth bowed her head. She couldn't promise that. He put a hand over her's to get her attention. He pointed towards the sun going down making her frown. 

"Me and the moon don't have a good history with watching each other but I realize that more than once, I end up watching the sunrise or sunset with each of you. So, with me gone just watch one or the other and just imagine me there." She sniffed before nodding. 

"I promise, Jack." He smiled before hugging her again. He helped her stand up before turning to look at the sky again. She was smiling because she knew his new and improved curfew was coming up. Aster had told them they could have him during the day but he wanted his son home for the nights. This was going to hit him harder than them. 

"If I don't leave now, Mama Bunny will emerge and I'll be locked away like the winter Rapunzel." She laughed as he took off. Tooth really didn't know how she was going to do this. A feeling of being watched went down her spine, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was a forgotten feeling one that reminded her of her brother, Callahan. She wondered if he moved on. 

Callahan stood next to his sister as they both watched Jack fly away, he turned to look at her even though she couldn't see him. 

"Don't worry, little sister. He will be fine." She sighed before turning and he followed. Even though he couldn't be seen, he would stay for tonight. 

---------------------------

who will show tomorrow? as you can, some new characters will be joining us, I hope that is okay with everyone :)