2. God, His Eyes(Amelia)

Now that was one hell of a dreadful meeting. I try to get some work done and prepare my things for tomorrows interview with Whittemore, I check the time and it's only three and I'm sleepy, I better go home and take a nap before Sarah drags me to the bar. It's ironic for me to go to the bar where I don't even drink, I just go to hang out with my friends. God, the moron's nickname for me, "kid", now make sense, I just drink club soda or sparkling juice while others sip on their alcohol. Would you get up already! My subconscious glares at me and I pick up my things and head out of the office.

The house feels empty as I walk upstairs. Where is everybody? I only saw the doorman when I entered and nobody else. Where's Anders? This house literally can't run without Anders, he practically raised me and Eric.

"Anders!" I call before I enter my room, after few seconds he appears out of nowhere.

"Yeah?" he gives me a big smile.

"Where is everybody?"

"Oh, staff meeting, I didn't know you'd be home this early, I would've pulled the meeting earlier."

"No, it's fine, you guys carry on. Where's mama?" as I look around expecting she will appear also.

"She went out a while ago..." he looks like he needs to go back.

"Okay, thank you." I smile and he rushes back.

Ugh... nothing better than your own room, I change into a longline t-shirt that almost reaches my knees, pull down the curtains, and lie down on the bed. There's this void I've been feeling for a very long time, I can't even remember when this feeling started. I can't say I miss my mother because she left when I was four, I've hated her for a long time but now I'm just tired... I don't hate her because she left, it's just she pretends like I don't even exist, she kept in touch with Eric, but she never even bothers to say "hello", with all this thinking I finally drift into sleep.

I wake up when I feel a hand running through my hair, I smile knowing it's mama and curl into her lap. I don't miss my mother, I already have a mother and she's right here, my mama.

"Come on now, get up and take a shower, you need to leave by seven" she giggles.

"Wait, how do you know?" I sit up and frown.

"Sarah called and asked me to get you ready, that's why I went out to buy you a dress." She points at the garment cover laying on the end of the bed.

"Fine... God! If I knew I would be pampered this way for being sad I would've put up a charade long ago" I laugh as I grab the dress and run to the bathroom.

"Don't get spoiled young lady." She yells and I close the door. A cold shower could help to wash out the chaos earlier today. I put my hair into a bun so that I don't drench them. I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, and wash my face. I open the cover and my mouth drops, holy shit. Mama bought me a freaking off-shoulder bodycon dress. I put it on, and I can't deny how much I'm loving this dress.

"Mama?" I whisper as I come out of the bathroom. I always love her face lights up whenever I call her "mama", it never gets old.

"Dear God... you look..."

"Too much?" I shrug and she rolls her eyes.

"Amazing is what I was going to say"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, come on sit down. Let me do your hair and make-up" she pats on the chair of the dresser. I smile and sit facing the mirror. "Uh-uh, turn around." She swirls her index finger in the air, and I turn around.