67. Precious Time

Začať od začiatku

"Yes."

"For what reason?"

"Because we'll both end in the same fate. I want to feel better that someone will die the same way I would at least a few years from now." She replied sarcastically. But her face became serious. "No, I have my own reason." She finally said before crossing her arms.

The blonde could only sigh. "Whatever that reason may have been, I'm kind of glad that you're here." He replied.

She frowned. Well... Y/n could've probably said the same but with all the contradictions the both of them are having, the girl chose not to speak. She wanted to kill Reiner, but if she did so now, she'll be alone in this world again. But then again, that same person was the sole reason why she was here.

She wanted to laugh. Somehow seeing her similarity with Reiner's contradictory. She's really going crazy.

"What will happen to me now?" Reiner asked.

Y/n shrugged. "Nezu is figuring out where he'd put you while under my watch." She replied. "Will you try to fight back again?"

"You know I wouldn't. I'm no longer match to you. Now that you've got your gears properly."

"I can't even use it that much." The girl responded. "What have they been feeding you?" She decided to ask.

Reiner smiled. "I don't know, but it certainly is tasty." He replied.

Y/n nodded. "They don't lack seasoning here. I wish it was the same at home."

The man agreed.

The two continued to talk normally like they were back to being in the barracks. Y/n could have sworn that she missed talking about the military things since not anyone in this world could get her. Although 1-A and everyone else are being kind, the girl couldn't help but think back home.

The fact that she got here because of Reiner's remark, threats and guilt tripping, she wished that wouldn't have done so much as turn the entire country of the walls against her.

But that was then, and the girl could only tolerate him now because right now, this man no longer has a reason to threaten her.

Both of them aren't being held back by being a warrior or a soldier. They now both are their own person they'll have to be in this place-- although it's disappointing but at least they can now be less aggressive.

Y/n sighed, standing up as she dusted her skirt. "I'll go now." She announce.

Reiner looked at her, a glint of disappointment. "I'll come back next week." She assured him.

"I know. But Y/n... how have you been living here?" He asked reluctantly.

"I've been living well. At least better than you."

"Well, that's good to hear. Be careful then."

The girl nodded. "You too." She said before making her way out of the door only to find Nezu, Tsukauchi and Endeavour standing right in front of the door.

The girl slowly closed the door before fully giving her attention to them.

"Curse of Ymir?" Nezu started.

Y/n remained staring.

"Be honest with me, child. How many years do you have left?"

The girl released a mirthless smile. "Life is unpredictable. So I wouldn't be so sure how many hours, days, months or years I have left."

"Please do not change the idea, miss Ackerman. How many years is left in your lifeline?" The principal asked.

She sighed. "It is not important." She replied.

"Life is important, miss Ackerman. I'm sure not only us are disturbed by this." Tsukauchi explained. "Please don't let us keep wasting how much time you have left."

"What will you do if I told you?" Y/n frowned.

The three stared at her for a while. "If you told us, wouldn't that ease your burden?"

"It won't."

"But at least, you wouldn't be alone to bear."

Y/n momentarily pursed her lips. Looking to the tip of her shoes, trying to think. "Five or six years at most." She finally admitted. "And I'm not alone in this. I'm sharing the same fate as Reiner." She replied as she began to make her way out first to lift off the frustration.

The three adults could only looked at her with complicated expressions while Y/n chose to ignore it. Not much at what she could do about it, it's her own choice that lead her to this in the first place.

.

So you guys been asking how many years she has left here and there. So yeah. Y/n got her titan power at 8 and she's turning sixteen. So more or less 5 years at most.

I'm wasted right now. I'm still sulking over my guitar 😭 it's already as good as a flower pot rn.

Bye~