67. Precious Time

Start from the beginning

Y/n could only look at him before they made their way out of the scene out of everyone's attention since everyone were too busy looking at Annie at the moment. Eren was taken to the hospital as well while Mikasa and Armin followed him.

In the small alley, the three quietly stood for a while, not until the bulky blond hand slammed his hand on the wall beside her ear.

"You told them about Annie." He accused.

Y/n glared back, clenching her fist close to punching this man. "I didn't Armin figured it out. And honestly, they're close to finding out about you." She responded venomously.

"We're still on with the plan." Reiner said seriously. "Y/n, you're going to be the colossal titan."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You will. Everyone's lives is in your hands Y/n. If you don't compromise, he himself will come here and I assure you, no one will be spared." The man told her.

He?

Y/n couldn't understand but she felt incredibly disturbed to this unknown person.

"I know you don't remember who Zeke is. But I assure you, you're not going to like his appearance." Bertoldt explained.

Zeke...

Y/n felt shivers down her spine over the mention of his name. "Why are you telling this to me?" She asked.

Reiner's eyes softened, almost like he was pitying her. It was the same with Bertoldt as he spoke again. "If you don't do anything to at least cooperate, I'm sure you won't like it once he's the one who will capture you." He explained. "You may not remember him. But your scars are enough proof."

She stared at them quietly.

"I know you won't believe us with this but at least twice the three of us experienced hardships. We see you as one of us." Reiner said. "At least if you had cooperated, he will not hurt you."

"I don't care if he hurt me. I'll protect my family." Y/n replied.

"Then this is the only way to do that." Reiner grabbed both her shoulder. "Maybe if you convince Zeke that you came back to our side, he'll spare your loved ones. You know that's the only reason why all of us joined the warrior training."

Y/n pondered for a while. It might be good listening to Reiner. But what will happen to her?

"Think fast, Y/n. Time is ticking." The two males started to take their leave.

To the girl's disbelief, she felt like her heart was racing painfully.

.

.

.

Current timeline, year 20XX.

It had been a continuous friday visits in Reiner's cell. Y/n could have sworn that his personality was doing backflips everytime they meet but decided not to point out about it.

And now was another friday to waste on him.

Standing across the thick glass, Y/n stared at the bulky blonde who was sitting on the bed.

The silence both had was indescribable that none can hardly break it.

But Reiner boldly did. His words, affecting both of them worse than she could have imagined. "Did you see in my memories... about the curse of Ymir?" He asked.

Y/n tried so hard to keep her eyes unreadable, however, she couldn't keep it for long as she sighed. "Yes." She admitted.

"Is that why you've been coming here?"