The elevator doors closed just I saw Shayne throw Sasha off of her and rush for us, but it was too late.

I fell to my knees, hearing the sound of Shayne's bangs on the elevator doors lessen as the shaft moved. I started to cry outwardly, ignoring the devil standing beside me.

My sobbing faltered when I realized the shaft hadn't stopped moving for the last couple of minutes. I became more paranoid when we continued to move for several more minutes. I'd thought there were only two floors!

And I had the strangest falling sensation, like I was descending at a high speed. It could only mean that we were heading down, below the ground, deep into the earth!

Upon the revelation, the elevator doors opened, leading into a steel walled tunnel. A gleaming black sedan was parked a few feet from the elevators.

"Is this how Oran Demir has been slipping through everyone's fingers?" I said, in awe of the genius engineering despite myself.

Ashford ignored me and pulled me along by my arm. "C'mon."

When we reached the vehicle, she opened the boot and pulled out an army green duffel bag.

She shoved the bag into my arms. "Clean up and change inside," she said, gesturing to the car.

I planted my feet to the ground. "You really don't expect to get away with this, do you?"

"I don't have all day, lady." Like the barbarian I made her out to be, she dragged me to side of the car to open the door and shove me into the back seat.

"You don't have much of a soul, do you?"

"Not really." She slammed the door shut.

I screamed with frustration, throwing the duffel bag to the floor of the car. Refusing to follow her orders, I sat back in the seat and folded my arms.

A light bulb went on in my head.

But just as the flicker of hope came, it went just as fast when I didn't see the car keys in the ignition. Damn it.

But I wasn't giving up yet. Ashford stood on one side of the car, which meant I could jump out the other side and run like my life depended on it. Which it did.

I reached over the door on the other side, successfully getting it open when the door I'd come in through flew open. Next thing I knew, my leg was being pulled back with incredible force, it had me instinctively going into fight mode.

I turned to see Ashford's vexed face and with much pleasure, I lifted my free leg and used all my force to kick my heel into her face. The action had her rearing back, resultantly letting go of my calf.

I scrambled to my knees and bolted out the door I'd opened. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I headed straight for the elevators. But to my utter mortification, there were no buttons anywhere to be seen. The devil was at work if anything.

Without hesitation, I sprinted into the opposite direction, running past the car and Ashford, and deeper into the tunnel.

My little run lasted a total of ten seconds before I felt pain shoot through the back of my thigh.

"Ah!" I fell to my knees, immediately reaching behind to feel a small, metal, cylindrical object sticking into my thigh. I pulled it out and tossed it aside, getting back up and continuing on.

But it only took a moment before the effects of whatever that jerk had shot into me took effect. My steps slowed as my vision hazed over and my body weighed a million tons.

"Shit," I said, unable to go on as I went down on my hands and knees, crawling through the dimly lit tunnel.

The sound of an engine made me all the more helpless and I was now down to my stomach and elbows, pushing forward until I couldn't anymore.