11-Unexpected

C H A P T E R
[XI]

DIANA'S P.O.V

I whipped my head to the front door only to see Karina and a boy I don't know.

"Thank goodness Diana's safe," Karina says letting out a breath of relief.

"Hey, Eric I think this hiding place will only last for about three days. Her scent is too strong. Karina and I have already tried covering up your guy's tracks and scent on our way here, but eventually, they will figure out our cover-up," the boy says with a slightly pained look.

"Karina take Diana upstairs me and Louis need to make a plan on how not to get killed," Eric says sternly. I get up from his lap and follow Karina upstairs to the bedroom I was once in.

"Why would someone want to take me away from Eric just for power?" I ask Karina confusingly.

"Well, the power you will hold once Eric claims you. Is beyond what a Vampire has. If someone else claims you instead of your actual mate then the other person ends up with powers," she sighs pacing back in forth near the bedroom window. I sit down on the messed-up bed and wait for her to continue.

"On top of that once the other Vampire absorbs all of your power, they'll kill you," she stops pacing for a moment and gives me a sympathetic look.

My eyes widen in horror at what she had said.

"Eric and Louis are going to try their best to come up with a plan to protect you but we have to move fast," Karina runs out of the room at an impossible speed and comes back in a blink of an eye with a duffle bag in hand. 

I raise my eyebrows questionably and she just opens up the bag taking out a bunch of clothes.

"Sorry to tell you this but we have to burn all of your old clothes from your house." I just nod in response still a bit shock that someone would want to kill me over stupid powers.

"For now you have to use some of my clothes just so that your scent won't be as strong," she explains.

"Why can't Eric just claim me now so that whoever is chasing us will have no chance with whatever he has planned?" I ask.

"It's not a bad idea but I don't think you are nowhere near close ready to be claimed. You go through stages once you finally get claimed, and trust me it's not pretty," Karina says handing me a long-sleeved shirt and some jeans.

"Well, what happens through the stages?"

"First you start to cough out some blood since vampire blood will start to overpower your body instead of just regular human blood. Second, you experience 'Numbness' which is definitely not what it sounds like. It's like appendicitis but on both sides of your body instead of just the right."

"Third you have to ya know 'do it' with Eric." I blush at her words and she just wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Lastly I think you have to also bear a child from him. In the vampire world, it's normal to have kids at a young age, but Eric knows that in the human world it's different. So that's why claiming you are not an option for him right now." Karina scratches the back of her neck awkwardly.

I blush even more and cover my face with a pillow.

Karina immediately starts laughing and Eric all of a sudden walks into the room with the boy named 'Louis' following right behind him.

"C'mon Karina we have to buy some stuff from a nearby town. Eric will stay with Diana," Louis sighs looking tired as ever. She stands up from the ground and follows Louis out of the room.

Eric walks over to me and pushes my body down to the bed so that now I'm laying flat down on the bed.

He lays down on me and also lays his head on my stomach. I run my fingers through his soft hair and suddenly his whole body stiffens.

He shuts his eyes tightly and groans.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"No," he mumbles.

"Then what's wrong Eric?"

"I can't tell you," he whispers huskily.

"Please tell me what's wrong," I say while twirling his hair with my finger.

"Your skirt," he mutters.

"What about i-" I was cut off short when I realized how much my skirt had risen. It was to the point where you can almost see my undergarments. I blush for the third time today and try to lower it down, but Eric stops me. He grabs my hand puts it back in his hair.

"Don't I like it like that?"

I almost faint from his words but contain myself.

"Horn Dog," I mumble. Eric chuckles at my words and looks up at me with adoration glistening in his eyes.

Gosh, this boy is making me feel ways I shouldn't be feeling.

"Eric, why can't you just claim me to stop this madness," I sigh.

Ok, so I decided to continue My Guardian Vampire because I felt the need to not abandon my story

Ok, so I decided to continue My Guardian Vampire because I felt the need to not abandon my story. There will be slow updates considering that I'm in 8th grade and have things to do. I also decided to create a new book cover and I might replace the cast with other people but they will still fit the descriptions in the book.

I will also be re-editing some chapters because my grammar errors are immaculate.
Make sure to vote and comment! <3
-Simone