twenty eight

There were very few parts of life that Mia Stone prioritized above nearly all else. It wasn't spending time with her family, it wasn't sweet moments with her boyfriends, and contrary to popular belief it wasn't a vodka lemonade. If Mia gets into bed with the intention of sleeping in the next morning, there is nothing she wouldn't do to make sure that happens. Mia's sleep is not a matter to be taken lightly, and if she wakes up at any time before at least noon on those few days that she she sets aside to wake up late- rest assured she will be in a foul mood for the days to come. 

So when Mia Stone heard her phone ringing at 10:30 that Thursday morning, a morning she had planned on sleeping through the entirety of, she had silenced it before throwing it across her bedroom. She let out a satisfied mumble after hearing the loud thump, letting her know that her phone had landed, and immediately went back to sleep. And though her sleep was in fact interrupted, she was already back in her peaceful state of slumber. 

A peaceful state that unfortunately for Mia, didn't last very long. Without even knowing how much time had past since her phone rang and woke her up the first time, she was awoken by a loud banging on her front door.  Though she tried to just ignore and shove her face into her pillow, whoever was on the other side kept knocking. After grudgingly accepting defeat, she let out a loud groan before pushing herself off her bed and waddling to the front door. 

As she swung it open, her eyes unable to stay fully open, she was prepared to snap off whatever delivery man or church representative that had woken her up earlier than she had planned. But what she was met with was one of the last things she was expecting. 

"Harry?" She breathed out confused, rubbing her eyes as she saw him stood in the hallway in front of her front door. 

"You haven't been answering your phone, what's going on?" He asked, leaning against the door frame casually, quickly looking her up and down. 

"I was asleep!" She groaned, trying to focus her eyes on him without the sleep blocking her vision, "what are you even doing here?"

"It's Thursday.." He trailed off like it was the most obvious thing. 

"And...?"

"I'm supposed to help you paint your spare room?" He explained, furrowing his eyebrows at how confused the girl stood in front of him was. 

"I thought Cal said he was helping?" Mia mumbled, still half asleep as she ran her hands up her face in attempt to wake herself up.

"He sacked it off, so here I am. I stopped by the shop and picked up the paints as well," Harry said, stepping a bit to the side to show the paint tins behind him, "Cal told me the order number, and you weren't picking up your phone so I just got them on my way over."

"Oh my God, you're literally the best." Mia sighed, reaching over and picking up two of the tins and walking inside, allowing Harry to pick up the rest and follow her in. 

She set them down in the corner somewhere, a bit more awake now. She quickly excused herself and went quickly into her room to pick up her glasses off her dresser, before heading back into the living room just as Harry was placing down the tins in his hands. 

"Sorry, could hardly see you." Mia laughed, putting on her glasses as her eyes adjusted and she could finally focus in on Harry. 

"Didn't know you wore glasses?" Harry said, crossing his arms and leaning casually against the bar in her kitchen. 

"I usually don't, that's why." Mia laughed, walking towards the kitchen to open the fridge.

"Didn't know you wore my hoodie to sleep either."