CHAPTER 23: REVELATIONS.

Start from the beginning

Idara's eyes widened instantly. "Seriously?"

"On God." Yomi confirmed, his eyes glued to the free road ahead. "She came after two weeks that Francis died. I don't even know how she got the news, but she did. But unfortunately for her, you and your father had already moved out of the estate a day before she came."

"Wow." Idara mused to herself. "I didn't know that."

"I figured." Yomi said, even though Idara didn't speak to him directly.

"So, what happened next?" Idara asked Yomi. "What did she do?"

"Well, um, your mother asked my folks about y'all's new place of residence, but they lied to her that they didn't know anything about it."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure why they did that." Yomi answered honestly. "But I guess they did it because your dad asked 'em to."

"What makes you think so?"

"'Cause I overheard when your pops said something similar to that to my folks on the day y'all wanted to move out of the hood," Yomi replied sharply. "I was, like, fourteen or fifteen then. I can't really remember what they discussed sha."

"Mmm." Idara crossed her arms over her chest with a blank look on her face. "Just great."

"Hey," Yomi whispered, touching Idara's chin playfully. "Chill. It's gonna be cool. Trust me."

Idara simply smirked at that. She actually wanted to thank Yomi for his kind and comforting words, but his gentle touch had already rendered her speechless.

Suddenly, Yomi withdrew his hand from Idara's face and placed it back on the steering wheel as he pulled up into a parking lot which was situated next to a very big restaurant.

"We've arrived, ma'am." Yomi announced, turning off the ignition. "Let's go in there."

"Nah, thanks," Idara declined politely, "but I'd rather go alone."

"Are you sure about that?"

Idara nodded. "Damn sure."

"All right, then." Yomi shrugged, reclining against his car seat. "I'll be chillin' around here. If you come back and you don't see me, or if anything goes wrong, just call me. I'll swing by ASAP."

"Okay." Idara nodded again, smiling nervously. "Thank you."

As Yomi wanted to respond, Idara's phone started vibrating loudly in her purse.

"That's definitely momsy calling," Yomi said. "Come on, go. Don't keep her waiting."

"Right."

"Be safe, pal." Yomi offered Idara his nicest wink. "Good luck."

Still smiling, Idara nodded without a word, then exited Yomi's car, and then went right into the restaurant after waving at Yomi.

On Idara's entry into the fabulous restaurant, a very young, beautiful, chocolate-skinned hostess approached and greeted her, saying, "Good evening, miss. Welcome to Safe Haven."

"Good evening," replied Idara. "Sorry, um, I'm here to see someone."

"Okay," the hostess said. "What's his name?"

"It's a woman, actually." Idara corrected her politely. "And her name is Janet."

"Oh, I see. I'm so sorry about that mistake, miss."

"Yeah. It's nothing."

"Thank you," the hostess smiled, raising a big book up to Idara's view. "So, do you have a reservation with Miss, or Mrs. Janet rather?"