Chapter 40 Pointer (7)

Start from the beginning

But when he recalled that the male god was dissatisfied with him today, he realized that this smile was only because of the cat; he gradually became a lemon again.

Then, he saw Dong Jun’s eyes turn to him. “How are you getting along?”

“Very good,” Lin Xun scratched Pointer’s ear. “But it still seems to miss you very much.”

Pointer had found that he could not touch Dong Jun, and meowed several times.

Dong Jun whispered, “Be good.”

Pointer, “Meow…”

Pointer seemed to like Dong Jun more than it liked him.

Dong Jun also seemed to like Pointer more than he liked him.

He got a double lemon.

He became a little depressed, and just listened to Dong Jun say, “Are you unhappy?”

“No.” Lin Xun cheered up. “About what happened today…”

Dong Jun, “It’s okay.”

Lin Xun looked at Dong Jun.

Dong Jun looked at him, and then said lightly, “Just pay attention later.”

“…Okay.” Lin Xun agreed.

Dong Jun opened the eyeglasses case from the side table and put on his glasses with thin gold frames.

The glasses blended with his facial features very well. The moment he put them on, the cold and powerful pressure seemed to dissolve in an instant, and Lin Xun saw the elegant and easygoing Dong Jun again.

Lin Xun was slightly curious. “Are you nearsighted?”

Dong Jun, “No.”

Lin Xun, “Then… are the glasses used for decoration?”

Dong Jun looked at him, seemed to raise his eyebrows, and then said, “Anti-blue light.”

“Is that so?” Lin Xun smiled. “I just think you look good with glasses.”

Dong Jun also smiled.

“Ruan Zhi said the same thing.” He said, “Later, I found out that they seemed afraid to talk to me when I’m not wearing glasses.”

“Very different,” Lin Xun started speaking more when facing Dong Jun in his current appearance. “Now I think you are very gentle, but earlier, I thought you were kind of…very indifferent person.”

Dong Jun frowned slightly. “Do I scare you?”

“No.” Lin Xun shook his head. “I’m just a little hesitant to speak.”

Dong Jun, “So, do you think…I’m affable now?”

Lin Xun stopped Pointer who was trying to bite the screen and said, “Yeah.”

He saw a deeper smile in Dong Jun’s eyes.

Dong Jun said, “Perhaps.”

Lin Xun, “After all, you have been very good to me, and you have a cat.”

After that, he looked at the well-behaved Pointer in his arms. “You must be very fond of Pointer.”

Dong Jun, “You don’t have to use such a respectful tone.”

“No,” Lin Xun said, “I wouldn’t know how to talk to you then.”

Dong Jun, “This will make me feel that you and Pointer are the same species.”

Lin Xun, “…”

He opened his mouth, trying to get rid of the honorifics*, but failed.

*LX always use 您(the honorific form of 你, but both mean ‘you’)to call DJ.

He could only say, “…you will probably feel this way all the time.”

Dong Jun, “I’ll get used to it.”

Lin Xun smiled as he held Pointer.

Dong Jun, “What are you smiling for?”

Lin Xun, “I don’t know.”

——It seemed that as long as Dong Jun had a kinder attitude towards him, he was also more relaxed.

Dong Jun, “Get a good rest.”

Lin Xun, “…”

He, “My mental state is still normal.”

Dong Jun smiled and said nothing.

The next topic was ordinary. After five minutes of forced conversation based on the weather and Pointer’s well-being, the call ended.

Lin Xun left the computer chair, lay on his back on the bed, and raised Pointer.

“Pointer,” he said, “I think Dong Jun is kind of like me.”

“I’ve been…” He said this, smiled, pursed his lips, and did not continue. “I feel like I am dreaming.”

Pointer tilted his head.

Lin Xun noticed that the programming interface on it was gone again.

He put Pointer down, the cat sat down on his chest, flicked the tip of its tail, trying to hook it around Lin Xun’s arm.

Lin Xun, “Can you still play like this?”

He thought for a while and said to himself. “Didn’t it say that cats can’t feel their tails very well? That’s why they often chase their tails in circles.”

Pointer’s tail seemed to freeze.