Chapter 2 - Meeting

Start from the beginning

I am one of the early birds in the conference room. People usually maintain distance from me. I am not the chirpy ones who straight up started conversation smoothly. It is simply not in my nature to capture their attention. Plus, I am known to be edgy, given my track records.

Everyone in this entire building has knowledge of my infamous outbursts, the misunderstandings with my father, the epic slap and humiliation in one of the annual corporate parties. Those wounds are still fresh, even after two years.

"Ok, STOP ! I am not gonna think about them. FOCUS !!!" I scold myself.

I sit down and start checking my details, AGAIN. I don't know but somewhere on the internet said that this habit and my hygiene issues are all part of mild OCD.

Maybe I have that.

Only God knows what the actual case is.

This contract is like a cake-walk for me. I just have to impress the board members of our company, McLaren Corporation, so that I can keep my CEO position for infinity and beyond (there's a strong possibility of such a thing happening!).

After passing out from CalTech, I worked hard to get into the managerial positions without an MBA degree. Within 1.5 years, I got promoted to the COO position. And after 6 months, I became CEO and remained as such for the past 3 years.

The company was built by my great grandfathers and I was the fourth generation in the lineage to get the position. My dad, David McLaren had been occupying this before I took over. The board members wanted my brother to have it from my dad but my family was egalitarian enough to give all of us a chance to prove ourself.

"By all" I mean my elder brother, Daniel, my twin, Charlotte, my younger brother, Dylan and his twin sister, Kaitlyn. My mom, Evelyn Clark fought her way up the corporate ladder, emerged as a strong asset, became the first and only COO of our company without being a McLaren. She and dad met in high school, joined the same colleges, afterwards the McLaren Corporation together and took it to new heights. They are born to be together and are blessed with 5 kids, one of which turned out to be an absolute disgrace for the McLaren clan apart from the business perspective.

Sometimes, I wonder if I will ever have such a sweet story of my life. My brain reminds me of my reality, how I have a rat's ass chance of getting such a thing to happen to me.

Slowly, our board members, higher level executives, CEOs, COOs, CFOs of our competitor companies start filling in the conference room. My family is yet to return and I am completely responsible for my company, given we are the ones capable of drawing in the folks from Middle-East to sign this deal with Global industrial groups.

Whoever cracks this one, gets to take the dealership for all trade activities in the Middle East comprising Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia amongst others and become the only point of contact for each and every activity, deal, transaction and every single thing, thereby earning extravagant commissions worth billions.

In short, they will get to make money as per their wish out of this deal. There is no error margin here.

I look at the execs from other corporations. I had researched about them last night and prepared how to deal in case anyone thinks of snatching it from my hands. Just as the meeting is about to start, the door opens and someone enters whom I never expected.

I catch a pair of Hazel eyes looking straight into my soul. They look beautiful with the specks of wall lights gleaming in them.

What the actual hell is Michele FUCKING de Roccella doing here?!

---

Its pronounced : Mik·khe·le de Roccella

Hi ! Its me again ! 👋

What do you think of our charming hunk! I want you to picture him as our swoon-worthy Miki for the entirety of this story. Also, what are your opinions about Evolet's paranoid thoughts over dating, dating apps and men based on her expectations ?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. The reason I am asking it 'again 😅' is that Wattpad will contemplate these votes and make this story reach out to numerous wonderful readers like you on this platform.

Thanks & Stay Safe ! 🤞❤️