Locked Hotel Room Door

Sleep Inn

Punkin Court

Salisbury, Maryland

Pamela was in the lobby, trying to find her daughter, Marcella. She was scrambling to find her. She was afraid that she left the hotel, and went to places unknown. But, then she realized that she probably went over to Denny's, across from the hotel.

"I'll look there," she said. "She probably got hungry." And, so she went to Denny's and looked for Marcella. There she was, eating some pancakes.

"There you are!" snapped Pamela. "Don't ever leave my sight, without my permission, ever again! You had me worried sick!"

"Sorry, Mom!" said Marcella, rolling her eyes. "I'm 15, and not a little girl no more!"

"I don't like your attitude, young lady!" snarled Pamela. "Come back to the hotel, right this minute!"

"I haven't finished eating!" protested Marcella.

"Take it to go!" demanded Pamela. "Ask the waitress to give you a doggy bag!"

"Mom!!" groaned Marcella.

"Uh uh! Do what I say!"

Marcella asked the waitress, for a doggy bag, and put her food in it. She went back to the hotel with Pamela. They couldn't get back in their room. They were locked out. "Marcella, do you have the room key?" asked Pamela.

"No, I thought you did," said Marcella.

"We can't get in our room! I specifically told you not to lose it! You're so irresponsible, Marcella!" barked Pamela.

"Well, sorry!" Marcella shot back.

"Hey, can you guys keep it down?" asked a woman, from the next room.

"It's okay, we're just having a mother daughter argument," said Pamela.

"Take it outside," said the woman, closing her door.

Then, Marcella realized something. She left the room key at Denny's. It fell out of her pockets of her denim shorts. There was only one thing to do.

Go back to Denny's, and get it.

This story was written on Saturday, May 1st, 2021.

A/N Typical mother daughter argument! What Marcella should have done was ask her mother's permission to go to Denny's. Someone could have hurt her. And, they come back, only to be locked out of their room! That's what story writing is all about! Throwing obstacles at your characters! 😉 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.