chapter 18 - Sonnet

"Hange come on what's going on! I need specifics! Is it casual? Black tie?"
I whined pressing my head against our bedroom door being locked in, Hange demanded that I should get dressed and ready for us to go out without any specifics.
"Just whatever is smart looking and comfortable!"
She yelled back, I groaned leaning back and stared at our wardrobe as my mind wandered, I usually need time to think about outfits for nights out.

I wandered towards the wardrobe and flicked my hands through the variety of clothes hung up on wooden hangers, relaxing my hand on an emerald green satin dress that Hange picked out last year for our date at this fancy restaurant, Hange insisted on trying out snails and pretending she was a french millionaire only to throw said snails up into the nearest plant pot getting us banned from the restaurant.
A smile crept on my face as I threw it onto the bed with the jewellery and shoes I was gonna wear with it before slumping down at the desk pulling out my makeup bag, going for some medium coverage foundation and light brown shades for the eyeshadow.

My mind wandered into what Hange was planning, is it another trip to the museum with Erwin? Are we just going to be dressing up posh and smart just to go McDonald's, I wouldn't put that past Hange to be completely honestly.
I sighed once finishing my makeup, brushing my hair and settling for how my hair naturally sat by my shoulders slipping a little silver clasp holding my hair back behind my head before plugging in my earrings to my lobes, stepping into the dress and pulling the zipper up feeling my arm cramp
"Motherfucker.." I growled as my fingers pulled the zipper up to the top before dramatically making them fall to my sides, the sizzling feeling of pins and needles shook through my arms from the shoulders before gracefully passing by.

It wasn't a long journey in the car before Hange pulled up to a restaurant with a long line outside, taking me by surprise once I noticed where we were, The Belavount Inn.
This wasn't a regular bistro we were used to, this place was the real deal and pretty pricey.
"Uh Hange are we at the right place?"
I raised my eyebrow and glanced over at her to find her head already hanging out the window as she was talking to a valet, at least I definitely don't have to worry about overdressing.
"Yup! Come on the valet will take care of the car" Hange pecked my cheek before leaping out of the car with excitement bouncing from her feet, a chuckle escaped my lips before I stepped out of the car and watched Hange pass the keys over.

"It's not our anniversary is it? Cause I swore it's in November!"
I followed Hange into the inn and linked my arm with hers, there has to be a reason into why we're at a posh restaurant and it's a huge pain in the ass that she won't even tell me.
Hange chuckled and stopped at the host stand before holding onto my waist, a soft smile stapled on her face as her eyes stared into mine
"No no it's nothing like that, just thought we deserve a good night out with a meal that isn't our usual"
I looked up at Hange and felt my cheeks flush a shade of pink, I was hopelessly in love and infatuated with Hange.

"Hello and welcome to The Belavount Inn, how may I help you" the hostess returned to her podium and glanced over at us, Hange's eyes darted from mine to hers as she pulled out her phone taking out what I could guess was a reservation code
"I've booked a table for 2 under the name, Hange Zoe"
The hostess' eyes scanned the code before tapping through an iPad on the podium, taking seconds before finding our reservation and her face rested to a comforting smile.
"Yes we've got your reservation here Mrs.Zoe, come follow me to your table"
She grabbed two menus from the stand and walked us past crowds of tables, from how long the line is this place is jam packed, the food better be good.
I inhaled and held onto Hange's hand following behind her as we got lead to our table, it was by the window between 2 other tables behind both of us, luckily we weren't put in a corner it would be awkward trying to move past people to go to the bathroom.
"Here's your menu, in the middle of the table there's a complimentary wine and bread basket next to the drinks menu, a waiter will be with you shortly! Have a lovely night!"
The hostess placed down the menus onto the table between the cutlery neatly set out ontop of what looked like silk napkins, I smiled at her before sitting down opposite Hange who's face was spread into a giddy smile.