Chapter 2 - the number

I spent the next few days just staring at the phone number, scared on what I would discover when I call it.
I sat on my bed wide awake but drained after not sleeping since date night, Leon was blowing up my phone with calls and texts apologising about that night, he would never lay his hands on me unless I really pissed him off, last time he was that angry he ended up giving me a black eye.
Taking a deep breath I looked up at my ceiling before pressing the call button, I put my phone on speaker as it rang. With each ring I felt my heart pound, the ringing eventually stopped and a female voice came from the speaker.

And there it was.

Everything fell into place.

"Hello? Hello who is this?" A raspy female voice came from the other end as I felt my body freeze up, I dropped the phone onto the bed as I felt cold streams run down my hot cheeks.
"Yo who is this?" The voice spoke before hanging up, I placed my hand on my mouth as the tears ran down my face.
He's cheating on me.
Does she know?
I wanted to scream, how fucking could he. Have these 4 years meant nothing to him?
I screamed out as I sobbed, gripping onto my bedsheets as I cried, all these years together for nothing, just for him to cheat on me.
Should I tell her?
No not now.
I laid back in my bed and looked up at the ceiling, how could he do this to me? I sighed and wiped my eyes before getting up "fuck this" I got dressed into a blouse and mini skirt that sat just above my knees, I threw on my smart blazer and put on some normal makeup, brushing my hair before walking to Erwin's office, Erwins worked as a CEO of a marketing company that offered me a job before I met Leon, to that I refused because I wanted to go to college only to drop out a year later. I tried going back to Erwin after dropping out but Leon stopped me and wanted me to work a lower paying job cause he wanted me around more, I know stupid. I should've just gone for the office job.

I walked inside and adjusted my blazer before walking to the reception "Hi I'm here to talk to Erwin Smith, tell him (y/n) is here" the receptionist nodded as I looked around the floor seeing a bunch of fancy looking people, people I could tell Erwin definitely hired himself instead of his assistant doing it all.
"He's ready for you, take the elevator to the 25th floor" I nodded and walked off to the elevator and into it with a couple more people, I pressed number 25 before leaning against the glass and pulled out my phone.
24 missed calls from Leon, I sighed and called him back.
"Hey! I haven't heard from you for the past 3 days and you haven't been home! Where are you are you okay?" His voice was loud, I flinched and groaned, the balls this boy has to try and care for me while cheating right behind my back. "I'm fine. Just at a job interview I got to go." I hung up and walked over to Erwin's office and knocked on the door, I took a deep breath before walking in after hearing his voice. "(Y/N)! What do I offer the pleasure?" The blonde brute smiled as he leant forward in his chair, me and Erwin met through our mutual friend Levi and once we met we clicked instantly. I forced a smile and sat down at his desk "you still got that job offer? I put my phone down on the desk as Erwin's face dropped, softening up as he went to grab my hand in comfort "Did you and Leon?-" I cut him off and shook my head as I held onto his hand, I sighed and looked over at my phone as Leon spammed it with messages "no but I've found out he's cheating on me, you were right. That Adam person is a woman" I felt my eyes well up, I knew our relationship was becoming toxic and broken but I was more upset with the fact he would want us to end like this instead of just telling me he doesn't love me anymore.
Erwin's face scrunched up as he groaned
"I fucking hate that guy. You've done nothing but be an angel and he's treated you like shit for the past year even getting physical with you sometimes" Erwin dug into his desk and took out a form signing it before sliding it to me, I raised my eyebrow looking at the form seeing it was an application form for an assistant job "levi needs a new assistant and it's the only opening we have, you know how to handle him aswell so it should be fine" Erwin took a sip of his coffee, I smiled softly and signed it before sliding it back to him and rubbed my temple.
"So what are you going to do about Adam?" Erwin put his cup down as his eyes met mine, I shrugged and sighed leaning back in my chair looking up at the ceiling, what am I going to do?
"I'd phone her up and ask to meet up so you can explain to her the situation, maybe he's playing her as-well?" Erwin suggested, he was always the best at planning out things especially if it was to punish someone.
"I guess so, but what if she's in on it?" I looked up at Erwin and crossed my leg and looked at my phone, what do I even say?
"Then cuss the shit out of her, he's done nothing but treat you like shit" Erwin leant back in his chair, he wasn't wrong.

I finally got home to see Leon sat by my front door, I took a deep breath and gripped onto my bag "(y/n)! Babe hey" he shot up and went to pull me close, I bit onto my bottom lip and refrained from saying anything that would make me freak out "Leon move, I just want to go to sleep" I tried moving past him only to have him tower over me blocking the door, he grit his teeth and looked into my bag seeing a bottle of wine I picked up on the way back from the office "are you fucking drinking again?" He spat, I rolled my eyes and took out my keys trying to move him out of the way just wanting to leave this situation.
"Not like it should bother you but yes, sue me for wanting a glass of wine trying to make myself feel better after you nearly hit me again." I spoke through gritted teeth about to try and unlock my door before feeling his hand on my hair pulling me back again, I yelped and looked up at him as his face was now red with anger "I didn't fucking hit you. I could now and nobody would fucking care" I held onto his arm as his grip onto my hair tightened, I felt my eyes water from pain as I looked up at him "fucking hit me then. You did it before what stops you now" his eyes softened as his grip on my hair loosened, finally letting go Leon let out a sigh "I'm sorry.. can we just talk" I moved back before unlocking my door and walking in, taking one last glance at Leon as he has the same guilty look he always wore
"Go home Leon" I sighed and closed the door, my hand staying on the handle for a while as I heard him slowly walk away. I hate him, I hate him so much, why do I want him to hold me so badly.
I put down my bag and picked up my phone, I took a deep breath before sitting down on my sofa, my finger lingered over the call button before finally pressing it, I took out the wine bottle and took a swig as it rang.
"Hello?" The female voice spoke, it was a beautiful raspy voice that made my breath hitch. "Hi? Um so my name is (y/n) and I'm Leon's girlfriend, I noticed he saved your number under a guys name and I just had a weird feeling and I just want to know what's going on" my voice shook as I spoke, I wanted to scream and cry, the female quietened down before I heard a door shut on the other side of the phone "Sorry I just had to shut the door, Leon's here so I don't want him to hear this, He didn't tell me he had a girlfriend?" Her voice quietened towards the end not wanting to catch Leon's attention, I took another swig and chuckled softly feeling enraged "yeah that sounds like him, you can tell me no but is there any chance we could meet and talk?" I looked up at the ceiling and unbuttoned my blouse throwing my blazer to the floor, even if she says no I'd gladly go to hers and confront him there and then.
"Oh defiantly, I'm free tomorrow if you wanna meet at a cafe and talk?" She spoke, my eyes widened slightly in surprise of how nice she was acting, is this a trap?
"Yeah I'm free tomorrow, what's your name by the way so I can save your number with your name and not as Adam?"
A slight chuckle came from the phone, her voice was angelic no wonder why Leon likes her, my voice just sounds like I've been gangbanged by gremlins.
"It's Hange Zoe, even though Adam would suit me" she continued to laugh, her laugh could make me melt into a puddle, I felt my face heat up slightly as I leant back on my sofa. 
Fuck if she sounds that angelic seeing her is going to kill me.