Chapter 16 - The Pier

I refused to leave my bed that week.
Who knew being disowned really takes a toll on your mental health.
The fact my parents would rather have their daughter abused than be happily with a woman, it was disgusting.

But who am I kidding?

The signs were there.
Everytime there was a gay couple on the tv they would switch the channel and complain about how disgusting and immoral it was, having the same exact energy even if they were in public.
They had no shame, thinking what they were doing was perfectly fine.
Not even having the excuse of religion to blame it on either, they were raised through this hatred and would rather have no daughter than a gay daughter.

Everyone has something they don't want to be responsible for, didn't know I would become a victim of that to my own parents.

"Baby come on you gotta eat.." Hange's voice muffled from outside of the covers, since that day she stuck to my side whenever she wasn't at work.
Erwin wanted to let both of us off but since our holiday Hange's used up all of her days off, Erwin made an exception for me since Y'know.
Being disowned.
Homophobic parents.
You get the gist.
My head was thumping like a constant migraine that was never-ending, I was furious at my parents, the world for that matter.
"I'm not hungry" I groaned burying my head further into the quilts before feeling them tugged off of me, the beaming rays from the sun shone through the window as Hange was sat next to me, her gaze falling on mine while I slowly turned my head to face her.
"You haven't eaten in 2 days, come on."
She nudged my leg with a plate of half eaten waffles, I hunched myself up glancing down at the plate before looking back up to her now noticing the crumbs around her mouth.
"...I got hungry"

I stifled a chuckle and leant my head on her shoulder, it was a shame that Hange was becoming more of a therapist than a girlfriend sometimes.
"Thank you.." I muffled into her shoulder, with every breath I could feel her cologne filling my nostrils, god she smelt perfect.
"Hey don't thank me, like I said I'll always be your ally" her hand raised to my hair stroking strands away from my eyes, I looked up at her and sniffled feeling my eyes well up noticing how blessed I was to have Hange.
Not even to be soppy or anything but she really saved me, she saved me from the hell-hole with Leon, saved me from my own parents bigoted ideologies.

Hange was a goddess, even if she was the first woman I ever dated I want her to be my last, wanting to spend the rest of my life with her with her as my wife, who cares if I don't have a father to walk me down the aisle.
Fuck him.
I'll have Erwin take me.
"Babe could you eat though?.. I want to see you eat before I go to work"
I looked up at Hange and nodded, keeping my head rested against her shoulder as I picked up the waffle with my hand and bit into it, feeling lumps in it making me look down at it noticing there was chocolate chips in it.

I have to marry her.

"I added chocolate chips so you got some extra sugar in your system" Hange stroked my thigh, I continued eating the waffle with tears brimming in my eyes as I ate.
She really was a blessing in my life, I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend.
"I love you so much.." I sniffled eating the waffles, Hange chuckled pulling me close as I finished eating.
I truly was blessed to have Hange in my life.
"Do you really have to go to work?.."
Puffing my cheeks out as I held tightly onto her arm, holding it close to my chest while I felt Hange tug on her arm.
I really didn't want her to leave for work, if it was possible I'd want her with me for now and forever.
"I'll bring back some takeaway if you want, pizza" hange pecked my lips "sushi" she spoke in between each pecks "nuggets" leaving a longer kiss on my lips, holding her hand on my cheek
"Anything you want sugarplum~"

Hours passed while hange was at work, I couldn't help myself but begin to look at engagement rings, if it was up to me I'd propose to her right when she comes home.
An Opal, rose gold wrapped ring caught my eye as Opal was one of hange's birthstones it felt ideal.
I took photos and saved the links of the rings onto a folder on my phone disguised
"Passwords" to hide it away from hange, last thing I need is her to find out that I'm planning on engaging to her sometime.
When could I even do it?
Is there such thing as the right time?