Chapter 9- stink

Y/N POV

I looked up at Hange as I felt my eyes sting, she looked as beautiful as ever, a long brown coat draped down from her shoulders to her calves keeping herself dry unlike me, soaked in rain and mud.
"(Y/n) I-" Hange opened her mouth to speak as  my eyes widened, I can't have her apologise to me I'm the one who fucked up not her.
"No no! I'm sorry, I'm the one who should be apologising i yelled at you while you were trying to help me and I'm so sorry I wouldn't ever want to make you you feel like I don't care about your feelings" I cut her off and felt my eyes water, I sniffles trying to hold back the tears as I held onto her hand.
"I got scared, I'm scared of giving myself a label and having Leon come back and go ape shit at me. I don't want to blame Leon for every problem I have as either way it was me who made the mistake not him, I shouldn't of yelled at you cause I was scared, i don't expect you to forgive me but I beg you please Hange, you saved me and I can't have you leave me before I properly thank you" the rain fell harder as I looked up at Hange, she was frozen still as she looked down on me, I couldn't imagine losing Hange as she's literally my rock now, without her I'm practically nothing.
Hange stayed quiet looking at me as she gripped onto her umbrella and a bouquet of flowers, why flowers? Who are they for?
"(Y/n), I'm sorry for walking out when you needed me, you're the one who's struggling and I took my personal issues above that cause I didn't like having you raise your voice at me and I acted like a child" she spoke seriously ending it with a soft chuckle, words can't describe how much I wanted her just to hold me but I'm not even sure if we are going to get through this, it's completely up to Hange.
"You're getting soaked (y/n).." Hange pulled me closer to her and held the umbrella over both of us, I looked up at her and felt a singular tear run down my face, I missed her so much
"It works for dramatic effect" I wiped my eye with the end of my sleeve as Hange chuckled, god I missed hearing that laugh.
"So are we okay?.." Hange's laugh trailed off as she looked down at me, I rest my head against her chest and looked up at her as our eyes met "if you're okay with me then yes, I don't want to force you to be with me" I listened to her heartbeat as I felt mine slowly calm down, a soft smile spread on Hange's face as her lips met mine "no need to force me sugarplum" she spoke softly, her lips pressing against mine kissing me softly, I felt my body loosen up as I melted into a puddle in Hange's arms, I kissed her softly and stroked her cheek before Hange pulled away holding her hand over her nose
"You really need a shower that mud is making you stink"
The cheek.

I laid back in Hange's bath having a soak, feeling all the stress and anxiety from the past few days just wash off. I can't believe how lucky I am that Hange forgave me, I wouldn't forgive myself so it surprised me that she wanted to.
"Hey sugarplum how you feeling?" Hange walked in with two cups in hand, I looked over at her and felt my face soften as I nodded "Good, more importantly how are you feeling?" I sat up and leant on the edge of the bath, looking up at her as her hand draped across my hair stroking my hair out of my face
"Alot better now that you're here, I got you a hot chocolate" Hange spoke softly as she stroked my hair, I looked over at the cups and leant my head in her hand, my eyes going back to the bath as I pulled away
"wanna join me? I can't be the only one relaxing, I'll get the dirty water out so we can have clean water"
Hange chuckled and nodded before taking her blouse and trousers off, I knelt forward and and pulled the drain watching the stress and dirt flush itself away.
I exhaled before putting the plug back in and filling the tub back up and putting in some bubble bath, out of the corner of my eye I saw Hange stripping down preparing herself to get in before stepping in and laying back, I sat ahead and smiled to myself.
"Come here then" Hange chuckled getting grip onto my waist pulling me close to her, I yelped and leant my back against her and blushed softly looking back at her "god I missed you" I spoke out loud as Hange's face flushed slightly, I chuckled at her face and left a soft peck on her cheek as I felt her hand snake around my waist, I held onto her hand and closed my eyes finally able to relax.
We laid there in silence just holding each other before Hange broke the silence "I love you" she quietly mumbled, my face heated up bright red as I looked at her in shock, Hange mirroring the same shock which made me realise she didn't mean to say it out loud "uh um I" Hange stammered as her face went as red as it could, I chuckled to myself and turned my whole body facing her and wrapped my arms around her neck "it's fine, I love you too" I smiled and stroked her cheek, not once have I said that to someone and actually mean it with my entire being.
Being with Hange was like a dream, I could live like this for the rest of my life and never complain, from being in such a shit relationship with Leon to being happier than I could ever be with Hange is such a change.

We stayed in that bath for another 2 hours until we were wrinkley enough to be wound up, I laid on her bed and adjusted her shirt as Hange walked back in from the kitchen
"Fuck me what did you fall in your clothes stink, even after the first wash they're smelly" she chuckled, I rolled my eyes and sat up crossing my legs over, I'm not complaining I like wearing Hange's clothes
"I'm sorry I went for a depression run and fell over in the forest" I chuckled and pulled Hange close as she towered over me, she stroked my hair making me look up at her and kissed my head "Maybe next time you get depressed go to a cafe and cry into a hot chocolate and cake, at least then I won't have to clean you up" her hand caressed my cheek as I chuckled, hopefully I won't have another moment like that now that we're dating? I think we're dating?
"Hange? What are we?" I looked up at her as we stared at each other, Hange shrugged and sat beside me holding my hand "Well we defiantly like each other since we already said I love you, so we can date if that's what you're comfortable with?" Hange suggested, I smiled softly and nodded pecking her lips, I didn't know a person could make me feel butterflies in my stomach every time I'm around them until I met Hange
"Sure, girlfriend"