He carefully looked at me before speaking. "Curious lang. Naka- move on ka na?"

I stopped for a while and think about the question cautiously. Pinakiramdaman ko ang sarili ko bago nilingon ang katabi. "Look at me, Lucas."

Sinunod niya naman ako. "Closely..." Lumapit pa siya. "There... You tell me, what do you think now?"

He was looking at me with his cold hazel eyes. He watched me with those snobbish eyes I've always noticed in him.

"Have I told... you have such a pair of intimidating eyes? So opposite of your personality..."

He chuckled a bit. "You're getting me away... Scared I might figure out you are still hung up on your ex?"

I rolled my eyes before avoiding my gaze on the stare. "Come on... You judged me so low. It's been what? Three years..."

Three years, this is where it leads me. Debt was marked as paid. We definitely started renewing things again from scratch. It was a lot because we lose everything. Assets. Name. Respect. Except for our house that we didn't give ground in spite of what we've been through as if we entered a needle hole. The mansion holds a lot of core memories of the bond we had with Mom. We couldn't let go.

And now.. the project Third was working on before was now a medical hospital. Madaming nabago bukod sa madami ang nasayang.

"Thank you so much, Attorney. We owe you this..."

Malambing akong yumakap kay Daddy pagkaalis ng mga tao sa bahay. "Thank you, Dad." I smiled, having the thought I'm starting to feel free. My worries to put at ease.

"Masaya ako, anak. And surely, she is..." Malungkot na ngumiti si Dad while his eyes focused on the portrait placed on the wall here in the living room. Our family portrait.

It's been a year since that exact day we became free from the creditors' tyranny. For all at once, we've finally fought all against us by the means of us, alone, without Vilienthal.

I haven't got any news from them since I officially ended my relationship with Third. And it means we've cut even the tiniest affiliation with their family... na kahit si Dad ay hindi na nakibalita pa kay Tita Yelena. We just stayed that way. Like a different person who has been and will be forever blindfolded by the deep connection we once all have.

Masakit pero kailangan. 

Acceptance should be done. We have solemnly done, and I wish nothing for the other party to maintain it in no other way.

Reminiscing, I suddenly remember those nights in my life when I was teaching myself how feasible acceptance should be in an honest and most sincere way. It was never peaceful.

I lifelessly got out of the bathroom and head directly to my walk-in closet. Matagal kong pinansin ang maluluwag na space on both sides of the divider where all my bags and heels were still living in the place before. Nalulungkot ako but then the comfort is there.