Chapter 3

| | | Where Did They Go? | | |

"Grief is like a moving river, so that's what I mean by it's always changing. It's a strange thing to say because I'm at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone" – Michelle Williams

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Varian knocked on the Coffia Dū door. It was a warm Sunday afternoon, meaning the cafe was closed, but he could faintly hear the sound of music coming from the upper floor. He swung back and forth on his feet waiting patiently for someone to let him in. The doorknob gave a small click and the scent of freshly brewed coffee welcomed him, Y/n's brother, Charles, greeted the freckled boy with a smile.

"Come for Y/n? She's upstairs with Abby practicing, though I think you can hear that by now." Varian sheepishly nodded, not really knowing what to say to the older boy. Charles waved him to come inside and motioned to the door leading to upstairs. As he walked in he waved to Y/n's mother who sat at one of the tables, Charles joined her after shutting the door.

"Hi, Varian! There's lemonade on the counter, bring it up for yourself and the girls. I think they could use a break.

Varian thanked her, gently picked up the tray with glasses, and walked up the creaky steps already hearing the sounds of pure frustration. Y/n put her instrument down.

"I'm going to throw this chunk of wood and strings out the window."

"Y/n." A warm, but firm voice responded.

"I'm serious, I'll snap my bow in half and shove it right up Mr. Hansson's-"

"Y/N!"

"Abigail! UGH, Why did he give us something so difficult!!!"

"N/n, Y/n, Yn L/n," Varian peaked over the ledge connected to the stairs and peered at the two, Abigail had left her seat at the old wooden piano and walked over to Y/n, she grabbed her friend's hands and brought them together.

"Repeat after me," Abigail spoke softly, "We can do it..." Y/n turned away and mumbled in response,

"Tch, you always do this."

"Y/n." Abby firmly,

"wecandoit..."

"We will blow the audience away."

"We'll blow the audience away..."

"Just like we always do." Y/n turned towards the redhead,

"Just, just like we always do." Y/n rolled her eyes, feeling quite childish, but nevertheless enjoying the warmth from her friend's slender hands.. Abigail gave the other a little wink and walked back to the piano, adjusting her music and plunking out small patterns on the white and black keys.

Varian decided that now was a better time to enter the scene.

"Hey! We have lemonade!" Both of the girls turned and smiled, Y/n looking a little more flushed than usual.