Chapter 21 DDOS (3)

Start from the beginning

Lin Xun responded with a “yes” before Yuan Xiao pulled him to make their quick escape.

Outside, there was a cool breeze, and the vast mountains and rivers brought with it a wonderful feeling.

Lin Xun breathed in the fresh air several times and finally regained happiness.

He: “Shall we go do math problems?”

Yuan Xiao frowned: “Actually, that was an excuse…”

Lin Xun laughed.

He: “Then…”

Yuan Xiao hesitated: “But I really should study.”

Lin Xun: “Let’s go.”

Yuan Xiao first answered a set of math test papers, asking Lin Xun to explain some questions he did not understand from time to time. After some time he was ready to start writing essays.

Essay writing was one of Lin Xun’s weak points and was unable to provide any further assistance.

He looked out the window towards the green mountains, and remembered his time-bound mission ——“The secret of Shangqing” and asked Yuan Xiao: “Do you know of any special places in the back mountains?”

“Just mountains.” Yuan Xiao said: “There are quite a few scenic spots and several hostels. Do you want to go there?”

Lin Xun: “Are they all mortal establishments?”

Yuan Xiao: “Yes, the spiritual Qi in the back mountain is scant, neither Master nor our Brothers ever go.”

Lin Xun was in deep thought.

He said to Yuan Xiao: “I’ll go out for a bit. I might not come back any time soon.”

Yuan Xiao obediently said: “Okay.”

Lin Xun went out with his keyboard.

He used light body technique as he jumped up and down a few times and leapt across Shangqing Palace roofs, and continued to move towards the boundary of Qingcheng’s back mountain.

Yuan Xiao was also just a new disciple of Qingcheng, so he would not know what the secret is, let alone where. It was also not advisable to ask the elders and older disciples in Qingcheng, considering his status as just a newly conferred disciple of master Huo.

However difficult the task was, the system also provided a clue when it gave him the mission prompt——

“Since a long time ago, sword cultivators have been coveting a secret hidden in Qingcheng Mountain.”

In other words, sword cultivators might also be looking for information about this secret.

And before they came to Qingcheng Mountain to provoke the sects, they must have been staying at a place somewhere in the mountain.

——It definitely wouldn’t be the Shangqing Palace, it was probably one of the hostels or a B&B in the back mountain.

If he started from this point, he’d likely get some clues.

Lin Xun made up his mind, opened the mobile map, and began to navigate his way around.