Sharon was a mysterious beauty and a famous name in the empire. Many of the people who had spoken with Carol today had wanted to get the chance to talk to Sharon.

Aruna was one of them, though she had been blocked by Carol’s iron wall.

“Forget it. Don’t even dream about Sharon,” Carol replied fiercely.

“Huh. Is this conversation boring you? There’s nothing wrong with wanting to talk with someone so beautiful!”

“It’s wrong.”

“Oh, you. You’re too much!”

Carol ignored her friend’s complaining and took a sip of her drink. Carol’s gaze followed Sharon as she headed for a terrace.

‘Didn’t Julien go there just now?’

The tip of Carol’s lips slanted up.

“What- why! Why are you smiling like that? You’re making me nervous.”

Carol’s friends took a step back from her.

"Just because. I thought about something nice.”

Carol didn’t like Julien much, but Julien liked Sharon. And Julien had an obstinate side to him that could be enough to change Sharon’s heart.

Carol saw that Sharon seemed to have different thoughts on her mind. A little while ago, she had hesitated when Carol asked her to stay after Carol got married. Carol paid a lot of attention to Sharon, and she noticed everything suspicious about her.

It was because she was addicted to the person named Sharon, who had entered her life like a gift. Of course, it wasn’t just Carol who was addicted.

Sharon had also tamed that affection-deficient beast, Julien.

'It’s all his fault.’

The feelings that Carol had never revealed to Sharon surfaced on her face.

“Why are you doing that…? I don’t even want to know what you’re thinking. It’s scary.”

“It’s nothing much,” Carol said, stretching out her words. She set down the cup.

“By the way, Carol. Are you really going to marry Julien?”

“When you become empress… Wow. It’ll be the end of the world.”

“You’ll go down in history as the worst empress ever. Isn’t that a problem? You and Julien pull each other’s hair and fight every day.”

“It’ll be a disgrace to the nation. Seriously.“

Carol looked around at her friends that openly spoke poorly of her. “Who knows?”

"What?”

Carol’s voice turned to a whisper. “I don’t know what’ll happen.”

As they looked at Carol’s smile, her friends crossed their arms and hugged themselves.

“Ooh. I’m getting goosebumps.”

Carol didn’t care about those words.

Marrying Julien? She’d never do it, even if the sky split in two.

Carol had her own ambitions to inherit the duchy.

She claimed dibs, and she had no intention of letting it slip away from her. Also, her father (who had become kind after her injury) brought up starting her on classes for succession next year.

Things were going smoothly. Carol curled her lips.

'It’s perfect. Except for Sharon’s situation.’