Chapter 24

Yuna was with Hayato, walking together with Taka to the daycare room. Taka was telling the girl about what he did when he met Santa in the department store.

Yuna, who was weak against children and sincerely hoped for their imaginations and dreams to stay intact, nodded with a grin as she listened to the boy.

They soon arrive in the daycare room, seeing Usaida, Kashima, and Kotarou who was staring at a pachinko flyer.

"Kashima, Kotarou is too young for gambling." Yuna scolded as she neared the boy. "A-Ah you got it wrong Hatogai-san! Kotarou was looking at the Santa in it." Kashima nervously explained as the girl glanced at the poster.

Indeed there was a Santa image on it, albeit small, and that seemed to have gotten all of Kotarou's attention.

As Taka told Kotarou about his meeting with Santa in the department store, Usaida piped up, "Sorry to tell you, Taka, but Santa only visits good boys and girls. So he might not come see you this year." He stated.

"I... I am a good boy!" Taka said with tear-filled eyes. "But you never eat your broccoli, do you?" Usaida said back, though in pure amusement. "That's 'cause... I don't like... bokkody..." Taka said, just like any other toddler who hates certain kinds of foods and are picky eaters.

As Usaida remarked that he won't be visited by Santa because he couldn't eat his broccoli, Taka then agreed to eat broccoli to become a good boy for Santa and Christmas gifts.

This made both Usaida and Kashima shocked at the boy's decision, not expecting the boy to do so.

"Cut the act." Hayato punches Usaida's head for bullying his little brother into tears. "I made him want to eat broccoli. What's the problem?" Usaida said, rubbing his hurting head.

Yuna lets out another sigh, "Your method of doing it is disappointing. You just want to see Taka cry." She bluntly stated to the older man.

"Couldn't help it, it was funny." Usaida admitted, since he was caught red-handed by both students, Kashima sighing at the adult.

Taka ran to hug Hayato's leg, "Nii-chan, w-will Santa come to our house?" he tearfully asked. Hayato being Hayato looked down to his brother and stated the obvious. "Of course he won't. Our mom got our presents at the depart-"

His mouth was sealed by Yuna's palm. "Hayato you fool, don't ruin Christmas for him!" she scolded as Kashima nodded at her. "Kamitani, how could you tell him that?! You can't shatter his dreams! You can't!" he exclaimed.

"How would I? He was with us when she bought them." Hayato replied to them both, voice muffled due to Yuna's palm.

Before Yuna can sigh and tell Hayato to stop being so blunt for once for the sake of the children being so expectant of the season, Kotarou approached Taka and tugged on his jacket.

As Taka turned to his friend, Kotarou patted his head, "Taka-chan. Good boy." He comforted. "Will Santa come?" Taka asked as Kotarou nodded at the boy in answer.

'Christmas huh... I wonder what should I get for everyone?' Yuna mused to herself in thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

12/18

"I asked Santa for... I asked Santa for... Actually, I'm not gonna tell!" Kirin cheered with giggles. "Kirin! You're so cute! Did you see that, Ryuuichi-kun, Yuna-chan? Did you see that?!" Kumatsuka said, doting on his daughter.