Chapter 17

Yuna sweatdropped as she saw Hayato alone in their usual intersection meet-up place, looking pissed. "Hayato...? You okay there?" she asked once she was near the teen.

Hayato lets out an exasperated sigh, trying to calm himself down, in front of Yuna at least. "No." he answered bluntly.

'H-How straightforward...' Yuna thought as she furrowed her brows.

"What happened?" she asked as they started to walk to school for baseball club during summer. Hayato kept it simple, basically Taka drew on the signed baseball he treasured because he wasn't spending time with his little brother.

Yuna frowned at that, sure Taka did it because Hayato was negligent, but the baseball was something important to Hayato, his own kind of treasure, so she was also upset about it.

"Well, keeping that anger in isn't healthy, just let it out." Yuna said. She doesn't want Hayato to force himself to apologize or to bury his anger inside, it'll only worsen things in the near future.

It'd be better to let it out and after the storm of emotions have calmed down, they can think it through.

"Sure." He nodded at that, grateful that the girl didn't push him at all. He wasn't going to be too violent in front of her, she gets the free pass from his anger and cold shoulders, and he'll just let his anger out through baseball.

Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Daycare, Kamitani-sensei was explaining to Kashima what has happened between the two Kamitani brothers. As Kashima looked at the scribbled-up baseball, he looked at his teacher in surprise, "You mean he... He got mad and hit Taka-kun hard for real?" he exclaimed in worry.

Kamitani-sensei smiled, "That would be business as usual. It wasn't that. Actually..." she trailed off, recalling the events.

"It's your fault, Nii-chan! You spend every day playin' ball and hoggin' Yuna-nee to yourself! You don't play with me! See? That's what you get for makin' me mad!" Taka exclaimed as Hayato held the ball.

Hayato gets up, dark-faced, passing by Taka to get to club. Taka, who was ready to get hit, was shocked that his brother just walked past him.

As Hayato tied his shoelaces, getting ready to meet Yuna to walk to club together, Taka held his bag and ran to his brother. "Nii-chan! If you're goin' to school, take me!" he said but Hayato merely ignored him and shuts the door close, leaving coldly without him.

And that's when Taka started to cry.

"He ignored him?" Kashima said after the short story. Kamitani-sensei nodded with furrowed brows, "Yeah. Totally ignored him." She replied.

At that, Kotarou shows the Insect book to his brother, "Kotarou, those are bugs." Kashima said, referring to the different kanjis despite sounding the same.

"He really must have been angry." Kamitani-sensei said as Taka ducked deeper into Kashima's lap. "It's Nii-chan's fault!" he cried out loud.

"So, I'm sorry to ask you, Kashima-kun, but could you call Yuna-chan to check on Hayato and calm Taka here for me? She always handled these two well." Kamitani-sensei said as Kashima nodded. "Of course Sensei." He said as he pulled out his phone.